Saturday 14 April 2018

Challenge #217 - Childrens Playtime - Pink Gem Designs

Good Morning Gemsters, well it looks at last as if Spring is on its way my Magnolia Stella is starting to flower and the Daffodils are at the best so I think it will only be a short time before the children will be out playing instead of sitting in front of the TV.
This weeks Challenge is all about

Children's Play Things

And its the theme that Marianne has chosen for us to create our cards for but before I show you what I have been up to, I must let you know who is sponsoring us and that is Janet Roberts of Pink Gem Designs go and visit the Pink Gem Designs website and see for yourself
 
And for my own Card I used this gorgeous image:-


I wasnt aware till today that the sentiment has slipped so I hope you will forgive me, I suspect I corrected it before I post it of to one of our grandchildren so its a bit late to put a new photo on here. The image is "Andy on a Tyre Swing" and you will find it here.
I printed him onto white card then used my copic pens to colour him, afterwards I used a rectangle Nestabilitie die to cut him out and a larger one for the mount out of green card. The sentiment is one from my stash and has been treated in the same way as the image.
The base card is a 6.50"x 6.50" white card with a first mount of green card and the papers are from Sweetshoppe Designs and this set of papers are titled "Playground" (guys) and I have used three of the papers and a border punch down the edge from Martha Stewart. The tree die is a Spellbinders one and I placed this on the left hand side and then punched out the leaves and layered them all over the tree branches. To finish of I popped some red nuvo drops to look like apples. The final flourish is the two kite buttons down the right hand side.
Now that you've seen my Card I do hope you will pop over to Pink Gem Designs Blogspot and see what the rest of the very talented Design Team have created for your inspiration and hopefully you to will want to take part in this "Children's Playtime" Challenge.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:- 

6 comments:

Christine said...

Super cute card Shirley

Smiles Christine xx

crafty said...

A lovely design. Thank you for sharing it with us at QKR Stampede.
Mary

Heather said...

This is adorable!! Such a cute image and I LOVE that die cut tree!! It's fabulous AND perfect for your image! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Beth Brovold said...

A fabulous scene you've created here...what a darling image and perfect embellishments...thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy...good luck!
Take care,
Beth

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love this image and you have made such a sweet scene, that tree looks fab

Crafting Belle said...

Gorgeous card Shirley. Thank you for joining us for our Week 15 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Polkadoodles. Hugs Lisa xxx