Wednesday 27 February 2013

Challenge #101 - The Paper Shelter - "Animal Magic"

Good Morning Crafters, oh wow what a fabulous response to our DT Call, and Marie will be announcing the new Team sometime today over on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot, and I hope you will also help me welcome them and also send a very sad goodbye to the girls who are now stepping down and they have been very special friends and Im going to miss them terribly and they are Lorraine, Ann Marie, Julie and Paola, Im still hoping to call on them occassionally to step in as Guest Designers so I think you may well see them now and again, but I do want to wish them all the best for the future.
But back to todays Challenge, this week we want to see "Animals" on your card and I do know that many of you have them in your stash so it should cause any problems finds something that will fit the bill. As always our very generous sponsors are Veronica and Pedro of The Paper Shelter and they are offering a fabulous prize of $30.


To spend on their website and you will receive the whole amount if you have used one of their products on your card, but even if you dont they will still give you 3 digi images of your own choice. So do please go and visit their website Here and see for yourself what stunning images, papers and printables that they have to offer you at fabulous prices, as the exchange rate is brilliant.

And now I want to show you what I have created for this weeks Challenge.


I have used this " Most Adorable Cavalier" image and you will find it here, I printed her onto white card then coloured her with my copic pens, afterwards I used a Nestabilitie die Labels No.1 to cut it out then used a fancy die for the mount, the sentiment was created on my computer and printed out as I felt is was appropriate saying for this gorgeous image.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card and the paper I used actually comes with the image and I have stuck it to the base card, then wrapped a ribbon around the top, and created the flower at the bottom with several punched out pieces and layered them up to create the large daisy in the bottom left hand corner, this was stuck to the card with a silicone glue and some punched out leaves.
The last flourish is the three gems stuck down the right hand side at the top.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope that you will go and visit The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of the very talented Design Team have created for your inspiration and I do hope that you will then take part in this "Animal Magic" Challenge.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://partytimetuesdays.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/ 
http://www.ladyanneschallenges.com/vickie-challenges.html 
http://www.craftybloggersnetwork.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://daisydoodlescreativechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://foreverfriendschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://mygraficocrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://theprettylittleribbonshop.blogspot.co.uk/ 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the sentiment and your sweet little cavalier, Thanks for being the best DT boss ever, I'll miss you too
Hugs Julie P

Unknown said...

Stunning Shirley wow such a beautiful image.
Chris x

Judith said...

I love this cute image Shirley and so beautifully coloured - where would we be without our doggies! - just busying myself trying to visit my new teamies and setting up on my blog - such hard work this new DT business! - but such fun hugs Judith x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is adorable Shirley, reminds me of Lady from Lady and the Tramp! Hugs Susan x

heidy said...

Ahh this is so cute Shirley!!
XXX Heidy

Sandra said...

Very cute Shirley!! I have to go shopping for this image :-)
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
Hugs,Sandra

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley.


Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh what cutie.. and i just love the papers
Lisa

Eileen said...

Aww Shirley she is so cute. Love the expression on her face. Great layout and fabulous sentiment and flower
Eileen x

cotnob said...

What a sweet card Shirley, I love your image and lovely soft colours.
Pauline
x

brenda said...

What a beautiful dog image Shirley and you have made it into such a pretty card.

Thanks so much for joining in at Pretty Little Ribbons challenge this month.

B x

Crea Astrid said...

What a lovely card with a nice stamp.

Hugs, AStrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.nl/

Stef H said...

what a darling card! absolutely LOVE the sentiment.

we do doggie coats here too... mostly the small dogs. my puppy likes her scarf and wears it when we go out. what a hoot!

hugs :)

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Oh thi9s is such a cute card with that darling King Charles with his crown sitting so sweetly on his head, bless, you have coloured him so nicely too. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
Lady Anne's Challenges

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

A great card.

Love the image and that fabby sentiment.

No baby news then?!?!?!

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

This is gorgeous...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Clairebears said...

What a gorgeous card and image :0)
Love Clairebears x