Sunday 16 October 2011

A Card for the Sugar Bowl Challenges - "A Sketch"

Good Afternoon Everyone, sorry Ive not been posting for a few days but weve had quite a stressful week and I really didnt feel upto rushing around trying to get a card done to post. This card I had intended putting some stitching on for the Saturated Canary Challenge as well but I spent 4 hours yesterday taking up trousers and skirts that I really couldnt be bothered to get the sewing machine out again today. Anyway I stamped one of the gorgeous Sassy Stamps onto white card then used my copics to colour her, afterwards I used my rotatrim to cut her out and create and mount for her. The sentiment is one from my stash and I have treated it in the same way as the image.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of green pearlescent card then I have used two papers that I have manipulated into a green colour from one of my craft Cds in my stash, the first one is a pale green background with hearts on, and the second for the sketch is a check pattern with a difference I though it would be a change from the gingham that most of the girls have used.
I then wrapped some lace and ribbon around the middle of the card and attached it to the back of the first mount and then positioned my mounted image in the centre, with the sentiment at the bottom on the right. To finish of I have used one of the rolled rose dies on some left over paper to create the flowers that were then stuck in the top left hand corner on some punched out rose leaves.
If youd like to know what all the stress was about you can find out all about it on my No.2 Blog, link on the sidebar.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://www.sugarbowlblog.blogspot.com/
http://bythecuteandgirly.blogspot.com/
http://emeraldfaeries.blogspot.com/
http://mygraficocrafts.blogspot.com/
http://disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.com/
http://iftheshoefitsscrapit.blogspot.com/
http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.com/

33 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always Shirley...love the colours, papers are gorgeous...love and hugs Nikki xx

Christine said...

Hi Shirley gorgeous image fab "manipulated" papers..lol i do that meself.. turned out one lovely creation..Ive had a wk very similar myself Shirley who said being retired you have more time to yourself?? NOT true..LOL take care

smiles Christine xx

Sadilla said...

This is totally cute dear!!!
Lovely image, and great color combo!! =)
Hugs
Sadia

Pamela said...

Hi Shirley, fabulous card, love the fresh green. Hope Missy is okay.

Pam x

Crafteezee said...

Love this image Shirley and the layout is fab. Hope all is o.k?
Hugs Tracy x

heidy said...

Gorgeous card Shirley!
Hugs Heidy

Josephine said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Shirley! I love that green - so pretty!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Shirley,love the colour scheme.xxx

Janette said...

Hi Shirley, Hope your ok hun, you sound as I feel...lol....

Love your card, the papers are gorgeous and the image and colouring are just fab.xx

Unknown said...

Stunning Shirley those papers are gorgeous very refreshing, and lovely image.
Chris x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, I like the image and the papers.
Kevin xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Another beautiful card Shirley - the image is adorable and what fab. papers and layout.

So sorry that Missy hasn't been well - it must have given you a real scare when she went into a deep sleep in your arms. Thank goodness you managed to wake her. Hope the Vet will be able to put things right.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Shirley this is beautiful, those lovely soft greens, the gorgeous flowers and that stunning image this is super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Patty Sue 2 said...

What a sweet card and I don't know how you manipulated the papers, but they are beautiful. Lovely as always dear friend. Did you get all your sewing done?

Melodie said...

Gorgeous card, your coloration is so great, dear Shirley.
Hugs
Melodie

downrightcrafty said...

a gorgeous creation and fabulous flowers thank you for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some new candy if you are interested :)

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Shirley.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

So beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jules said...

Super lovely and cute Shirley .. .. love your colour choices and those fabby flowers.

Sorry to hear things have been a bit stressed for you.

I hope they have calmed down a bit now.

Love Jules xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

So cute and beautiful Shirley! Love the green and your home made flowers!

I hope things have settled down a bit for you. Things have been rough here lately also.

hugs,
Chris

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Shirley, I love the image and how you've coloured her x

Rosis Stöberseite said...

Shirley, your card is once again beautiful, but I think the most beautiful flowers. Well done.
Hugs
Rosi

Linda said...

Shirley, This is such a beautiful card.. Love the darling little image she is colored perfectly and I love the papers.. Very lovely work as alway hun!! Hugs, Linda

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Shirley. I hate sewing!!
Clairex

mueppi said...

So cute and beautiful, Shirley!
I love the colours and all details!
I hope that your doing well again Missy! I express my fingers crossed!
Hugs and love Gisela

Anonymous said...

love the colour - your card is so nice
Hugs
elma

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Love your choice of color with that beautiful image! Your flowers are amazing!! Thanks so much for playing with us at By The Cute & Girly. Have fun with our 2nd anniversary blog hop and good luck!

Hugzzz
Tammy xx

If you haven’t seen it yet, I have some candy up for grabs at Creations LaDiva :)!

Wilma Z said...

Beautiful and delicate. Love your flowers and colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Di's Digis.

Sue said...

Hi hun
a gorgeous card, fab colouring, pretty papers & embelies, great design, sue,x

Mina said...

oooohhhh I love that gorgeous fresh green Shirley and its perfect for your Sassy...beautiful card
Mina xxx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Shirley and so pretty in green and white :) Donna ♥ x

Debra James said...

You have created such a soft pretty card, thanks for playing with The Emerald Faerie challenge.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Gorgeous card, sweetie and I love the image you have used…..

Hugs
Judith