Saturday 26 February 2011

A Card for Just Magnolia and Totally Papercrafts Challenges

Good Afternoon All, well you can say it yes I know Im late again and if I start giving you excuses you will wonder why, anyway I wont and just get on with my post. This card has been created for two challenges the Just Magnolia's "Mina's Sketch" and the Totally Tilda's "How does your Garden Grow" Challenge, and Ive used this sweet Tilda image and coloured her with my copic pens, after which I cut her out with the Mega Rectangle Nestabilite Die and used the scalloped edged one for the mount. The sentiment is one from my stash its one of the Flourishes stamps, they are a American company and make some really lovely flower stamps.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of lavendar pearlescent card, with one of two papers from the Papermania Spring Time papers, and the first paper is a pretty mauve background with white and yellow flowers and scrolls on, the second mount is another mauve background but this has pink and white flowers on it. Then Ive positioned a circle of mauve pearlescent card which has been but through my cuttlebug and embossed with a folder, this has been stuck in the centre. Across the bottom and edge Ive used mauve satin ribbon and attached it to the back of the first mount.
I then positioned my sentiment across the cross of the ribbons though I see its swivelled around a bit as its dried, the mounted image was then stuck in the middle and to finish of Ive created a flower spray with several sized roses at the top on the left with some punched out leaves, these were attached with some silicone glue.
This card has been entered in the following Challenges:-
http://www.totallytilda.blogspot.com/   -  Oh dear just missed this one.

27 comments:

Rach said...

bless you Shirley, your card is adorable and beautifully made.. the pretty embossed panel is a lovely idea and works fabulously with the flowered papers.. have a wonderful weekend hun. hugs Rach.xxxx

mueppi said...

Hello my dear Shirley
your card is like allways wonderful and I love the colours and all details!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and love Gisela

Patty Sue 2 said...

Don't you just hate when you miss those challenges? LOL...I seem to do that a lot as of late. Well, Miss Shirley you have outdone yourself on this one...it is beautiful. I love your layout and the coloring is to die for.

Crafteezee said...

Hi Shirley, I love popping by to your cheery blog. A gorgeous card and you always manage to do them in my favourite colour choices, I know it doesn't help that I have so many, lol. Have a good weekend hun. Hugs Tracy x

heidy said...

Hi Shirley,what a lovely card,and great detail!
Have a nice day
XXX Heidy

Unknown said...

Shirley this is so beautiful love the colours Tilda is coloured beautifully
Chris x

CraftyC said...

What a pretty card Shirley, love the colours and pretty detail. Thanks for joining us this week at the CES & Sweet Stampin Challenges!
Clairexx

Janette said...

Shirley it's flippin gorgeous, LOVE it, so sweet, hope your ok hun...xxx

Lisa said...

Hi Shirley, Wow this is beautiful! Such a sweet Tilda image and gorgeous colours.

Lisa x

Babs said...

Fab card a sweet image, and goegeous papers...
Babs x

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

wow....very cute................

Hugs
Judith

Tracey T said...

This is such a pretty card, Shirley and definitely a very girly image! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Enfys said...

This is just gorgeous Shirley (as always). I haven't been over for a while so have had a lovely browse around. Love your red card as well.
big hugs
En xx

Claudia´s kleine Bastelwelt said...

Hi Shirley,
a pretty card, great colours and wonderful details.

Have a nice sunday.
Hugs claudia

Elaine said...

Beautiful card Shirley, and in my favourite colour too.
Your embossed panel is lovely and so are the papers.

Have a good weekend

Love & hugs
Elaine xxx

Tracy said...

Hi Shirley.
This is so sweet, love the image and the colour is gorgeous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Rosis Stöberseite said...

Lila, I love the color and soooo beautiful flowers.
Nice weekend
Hugs
Rosi

Shirl said...

Hi Shirley.
You have been busy with 2 posts in one day. Love the colour scheme on this one.
Hugs,
Shirl. x

MANSI said...

OH I LOVE this card!!!such pretty colors.And I love those flowers.Can u tell them what flowers r they,PRIMA??

Anne said...

Wow! I seriously, seriously struggle to work with purple even though I love the colour, and I envy those who can - this is just fabulous Shirley. I love all the elements and your shading of Tilda is perfect! :o) xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley- a very nice card you show us!
Hugs and nice sunday from Elma

Riet said...

So wonderful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Melodie said...

Fantastic, dear Shirley,
your coloring is so great, and the papers are so beautiful.
Hugs
Melodie

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a beautiful card, love the colour x

Thanks for all the info on how to keep a blog post at the top of your page and how to add pages, I have used them both Lol.

Thanks for joining my blog candy & good luck .... ps.. don't forget to link it on your side bar xx

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow what a gorgeous card. I love the Tilda image and the colours. I have become a follower. Please feel free to come and visit my blog.

Diane xx

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Shirley. Love the colours and the sweet image. Hugs Michele x

Mina said...

wow wow wow Shirley how amazing did you make my sketch look...stunning card...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia & hAnglar challenge
Mina xxx