Saturday 26 June 2010

Hi Girls - Hope you are enjoying this weather

I thought you might like to see a few more of the photos we took while we were staying in Edinburgh, mainly because I havent managed to create card for you yet, Im still struggling to get myself straight from our holiday, I did spend several hours cutting and mounting stamps yesterday, and I guess you know how long that takes with all the stickyness as well.
Anyway these top two photos are of Holyrood House the official Scottish home of the Royal Family when their in Edinburgh on business, of course you arnt allowed in their personnal apartments but the tour you actually do is brilliant, you have an audio gadget that you take around with you and as you go into each of the rooms it gives you a spoken talk on all its history. The top photo is the approach to the front door and when you step through this you come to the quadrangle which is shown in the bottom photo, all beautifully kept and flowers in hanging baskets everywhere, definitely a home fit for any queen or king come to that.
This next photo is of a gorgeous sculpture that we found in Edinburgh itself just outside the Theatre/Cinema building its beautiful and huge, I love the way it curves and its sinews.
You carnt image how tall it is unless I left the people in the photo but it must be at least 20 foot high, and believe me it is beautiful. If you click on the photo it will give you a better idea and feel of its size.
I will try and get that card done today Im really behind with my challenges so I had better get my finger out and start creating. We were going to go out today for dinner, but neither my hubby or I are feeling a 100% so we will give it a miss for today, so you might just be in luck for that card.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley
Nice to have you back, beautiful photo's, love the sculpture, I think if it was a choice between dinner or a card Im afraid I would go for dinner.
Christine x

andrea said...

looks like you had a great time,we went to edinburgh a few years ago and loved it,did you go to mary king close that was one place i really enjoyed visiting
andrea

Janette said...

Thanks for sharing these Shirley,that sculpture looks amazing,must show my Daughter,she is Giraffe mad....enjoy your week-end.xx

Stef H said...

oh how gorgeous! who doesn't like seeing a castle close up???? and that giraffe sculpture is totally awesome!

Riet said...

Wowwww Shirley,So beautiful photos.

Hugs Riet.xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Shirley - fabulous photos. So pleased you had a great holiday in Scotland. Just got back from 3 days in the Lake District (for my birthday), and saw your lovely message re. my download problems - thanks very much. I did attempt several times to copy and paste the code in the HTML/Java Script Content Box, which is in the "Add a Gadget" list. After pasting the code and clicking the SAVE button, it will not accept it. Some other bloggers seem to be having problems too so I will leave it for now and may try again in a week or two. Thanks so much Shirley - love and hugs, Sylvia xxxxxxx

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
fabby pics hun, luv the giraffe, sue,x

Lisa said...

Hi Shirley, It's lovely to have you back. Sounds like you had a very busy but enjoyable time away.

Beautiful photos! I especially love the ones of St Monans. I would love to live near the sea.

Lisa x

Anonymous said...

like the pictures- thanks for sharing them with us

Hugs
elma