Friday 7 May 2010

This is a Special Post - Surprise for you all A New Creator

We have a very new digi stamp creator in our midst and as she only came on line yesterday I thought Id give her a big boost its Lyn of Spyders Web a really lovely lady who's been doodling for quite awhile, and we never realised just how talented she is, I was lucky as I was sent a doodle of hers and this is what I came up with
a New Home card, this gorgeous little hedgehog sitting in this flowerpot decided to me that it could be a New Home card and Ive coloured him with my copic pens. I used the new No.12 Label Nestabilitie to cut him out then drew around the die to create the mount. The sentiment is one that I had in my stash, I believe its a Hobby Arts one, but carnt be totally sure.
The base card is 7"x 7" white card with a first layer of blue pearlescent card, and one of three papers from Kay Millers Downloads she has some really lovely downloads to and they are really funky some of them. This first paper is a pretty aqua paper with flowers and leaves on, the second paper Ive cut into a 5" square its a striped paper and used my new Flower design Martha Stewart all around punch set on, its been set in a diamond shape, and on top of this Ive used my last paper a lime green paper with a leaf pattern on and with the same punch, then stuck it across the middle. On top of this I have stuck a lace strip, over which Ive stuck my mounted image, and my sentiment underneath towards the right hand side.
Now for a change Ive created a flower from some lace and some of my beads, hope you like it, I bought some Prima ones similar to this and thought Id have a go to see if I could create one to. This has been stuck on top of some punched out fern leaves.
I do hope you will pop over and visit Lyn's new Digi Stamp shop, as its new shes still getting more images up, but what she already has to offer are fabulous, so I do hope you will support her in her new venture.

13 comments:

Spyder said...

ohooo Shirley what can I say! He's Lovely!! And I never thought of making a New Home with him! But how strange you did, because I actually thought of one of our (late) guinea pigs, who loved living in a (very big!) flower pot in the garden! Thank you soo much for sharing your lovely creation. I think I'll just have to post him in my 'shop' Your colouring is a million times better than John's, (shh! don't tell him I said that!!)
(((Hugs))) (((Lyn))
Ps..the funny writing in my comment is all about Midnight Madness's party!!

Rach said...

so sweet Shirley, and what a fabulous idea to use him for a new home card.xx

Sue said...

Yea way to go Lyn, gorgeous card hun what a super cute image, will link her on me blog hun, thanks for the heads up, new she was getting there, sue,x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Shirley

Great card with Lyn's image. Fabulous flower - I have been inspired to have a go.

Hugs Ali x

Stef H said...

what an absolutely adorable card! too cute of an image too! off to check the new place out!

hugs :)

Marley said...

Beautiful card Shirley! Love the colours and the image is so sweet!! xxx Marley

Danielle said...

What a cute hedgie!! Love your card Shirley - your colouring is beautiful! Love the pretty papers and using this image for a new home card is such a fab idea!!
Hugs, Danielle

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Shirley this is fabulous what a wonderful image showcased just beautifully I know Lyn had been doodling but nothing like this wow I must pay her a visit.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Carolyn Bounds said...

Awwww...this is a truly scrumptious creation:o) I love every beautiful detail!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Lavender and old lace said...

what a lovely card Shirley, the colouring is really pretty love Dorothy xxxx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, such a sweet image and perfect for a new home card
love and hugs Mandy xx

Renee said...

awww, I love this!! your image is just adorable!! and great for your sentiment!! Have a wonderful mothers day!! hugs

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

He is just gorgeous hun...love you colour combo

hugs shell xx