Wednesday 28 April 2010

Challenge Card for LOV - Sketch by Bev Rochester


 Good Afternoon Ladies, Im so sorry Ive not been around for the last couple of days, weve been busy again and this morning we really went to town and dug up my once lovely bottlebrush plant, unfortunately it died in all that nasty cold and freezing weather we had during the winter months, so I swopped it for my hardy white fushia bush, I just hope that it survives being moved, as they arnt that easy to obtain.
Anyway I thought for a change I would create a card for the Lili of the Valley challenge, its the first time Ive done it, and I used this gorgeous image that my lovely friend Claire sent me in my blogcandy that I won about a month ago. Sorry Claire for taking so long before using it. Anyway I stamped it onto white card and coloured it with my copic pens then cut it out with my circle Nestabilitie die and created a mount for it with some pink card and a circle Scalloped die to. The sentiment is one of Hero Arts this has been stamped and mounted onto a ribbon die cut.
The base card is 7"x 7" white card with a first layer of pink card and one of two papers from the Papermania Pink Parfait paper pack, a pretty all over flower pattern, the second piece is a pretty pink paper and I used the new Daisy Flower border punch along both the two edges. On top of this I popped a pink and white ribbon thats been threaded through the ribbon die cut and fixed to the back of the first layer.
The flowers were created from some of the left over paper and a dark pink/red paper from the same paper pack, these were stuck to the card on top of the leaf punch outs and on top of this Ive stuck some flower buttons which I have threaded some narrow ribbon through the holes and tied into bows. The last thing is the two heart gems stuck to the top on the right hand side. I also used some stickles on the winges, flowers and her tiara.

26 comments:

Paula said...

Wow such a pretty card Shirly i just love this LOTV image and you have coloured her so lovely.

Hugs Paula xxxx

Wishcraft said...

So pretty - lovely papers and the image is so sweet. Love the sparkle too :o) Lisa x

Lisa said...

Hi Shirley, This is so pretty! I love this sweet LOTV image.

Lisa x

brenda said...

Good Afternoon Shirley

A nice sketch and a wonderful take on it, beautifully coloured image and the touches of glitter.

Thank you so much for the note and newsletter wich arrived today. I was going to mail you, but in true B style I can't find your addy.

Your daughter should be proud of her work, it takes a lot of organising to publish something like that, so send her my congratulations.

And the grandsons look adorable - probably not always angels like the picture though. But they are boys after all.

B x

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Shirley.

Your card is so pretty. I love the image with all the sparkle and the beautiful embellishments.

Hugs, Clare x

Danielle said...

Oh this is such a lovely card Shirley! The colours and shimmer are beautiful and the layout is fab!
Hugs, Danielle

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Shirley. I'm so glad you have enjoyed my candy and its so nice to see this stamp on a card. She's a gorgeous fairy isn't she. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge and enjoy the garden!
Clairexx

Rach said...

Hiya Shirley... what a shame about your bottlebush plant... good luck with the fushia, hope that it survives hun..

your card is delish as always.. these images are adorable..

with reference to the Hanglar & stanglar stamps

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/hanglar_stanglar/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

the link above is for the ebay shop where i got mine.. there aren't any for sale at the moment but i am sure that i you keep popping by they will be listing some more soon.. xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley this is gorgeous what a fabulous image and your papers and flowers are divine I just received three stamps from LOTV this week and now the easi mount has arrived I can mount them and hopefully start stamping lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Sorry about your bush that died, but I can imagine how lovely the one you replaced it with is!

YOur card is lovely! The image is so sweet and the colors are so springy and fun. BEAUTIFUL flowers add just the right finishing touch!

Have a wonderful day Shirley

Christa said...

hi shirley great card i am a pink lover ,love those colors and the little leaves they are great hugs christa

Anonymous said...

what a pretty image Shirley! And you create again a wonderful card
Hugs
Elma

Rosis Stöberseite said...

Ist das eine schöne Karte, Shirley. Die Farben und das Motiv hast Du wunderbar kombiniert. Bin begeistert.
glg
Rosi

Janet said...

Hi Shirley,

What a gorgeous card! Your colouring is superb and I love the beautiful details.....hope you are ok Chuck.I know I have not been good at blogging lately.....not been feeling 100% and things are so busy these days at PGD.I promise to try harder in future!

Janet xx

Christine said...

Hi Shirley this is sooo cute love the pretty punched border gorgeous image & colouring..beautiful...Iv'e been digging up shrubs this spring too.. 5 hebes died..& today have dug up 5 varigated evergreens which have lost all their leaves & looked pathetic
but the hardy Fushias are shooting like mad..

Hugs Christine xx

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

This is so lovely.

I love your image and that gorgeous sentiment.

Sounds like you have been busy in the garden too!

Love Jules xx

Bev said...

Aaah this is just the sweetest card Shirley, love that little fairy! Gorgeous papers, colours and embellishments - love it! x

Lavender and old lace said...

this card is so pretty Shirley I love lili of the valley stamps you have made a great job of it love Dorothy

Donna said...

very pretty card Shirley, love all the colors on it, and the sparkle too. Sorry to hear about your bottlebrush plant, we've got to dig up two hebes that were in the front garden as the frost killed them both, so must find something to replace them with......darn winter after all lol
We've been out in the garden too for the last couple days, trying to get it ready for summer.
Take it easy
hugs
Donna xx

Melodie said...

Wow, Shirley, this card is so beautiful with great colours.
Hugs
Melodie

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card Shirley, adorable fairy.
luv
Debby

Cami said...

Oh my Shirley, your card is just beautiful! You have put all the elements together very nicely and your coloring is just fab!

Hugs, Cami

chris said...

Hi Shirley
wow this is so pretty the papers you have picked all tie in so well with it all.
I am also moving and transplanting bushes and trees this month, not sure if its the right time but have lost so many things this harsh winter, some really large shrubs that I thought I would have forever, so its very disapointing.
hope your white fucia survives, hugs chris xx

Claire Phillips said...

Beautiful card Shirley - fabulous colour. I really love your floral combinations - wonderful! Cheers Claire x

sundownerin said...

wow dear shirley!!! your fairy is soooo cute, your flowers full of details, wow wow, what a great job!!

Unknown said...

So pretty and sparkly Shirley, another beautiful card.
We also lost a few plants over the winter and some shrubs don't look too good,
Angela x