Wednesday 17 March 2010

Easter Cards for two of my Grandsons

Firstly I have to thank three ladies for the blogcandy and bracelet that I won and received during the last week, its been a complete and delightful surprise to find that it has happened, its quite awhile since I did, so Im absolutely thrilled by my wins. Firstly theres Clare Taylor of http://littlebearcrafts.blogspot.com/ for the gorgeous stamps that I won last Friday, and yesterday Claire Hall of http://clairebsd.blogspot.com/ for the fabulous blogcandy, and lastly Id liked to thank Amy Gould of http://amyscraft.blogspot.com/ for the beautiful bracelet she sent me to give to my granddaughter, thank you so much girls from the bottom of my heart.
Ive been rather busy this morning creating two Easter cards for two more of my grandsons, as both are about the same age 9 Ive created two very similar cards, as you can see, luckily they are from two families so wont be aware that the other has received something thats almost the same as theirs.

They are both made from the same chicken and for the first one Ive used the basket and the second the truck, these are all Magnolia stamps. For the second one Ive stamped the chicken then masked it to stamp the truck behind, for the first one Ive actually stamped the basket, then decoupaged the chicken on top. Both were coloured with my copic pens, and then cut out with my Nestabilitie die Label No.8 and the mount was created by drawing around the mount and then cut out. The sentiment is one that Ive created and printed from my computer and  mounted onto a piece of blue card.
The base cards are 6"x 6" white cards with three papers from the Hippity Hoppity Downloads from Nitwits, the first paper is all over egg pattern on blue paper, this was mounted onto a piece of blue card, with the second layer which is check pattern on which I have used the chick border punch by Martha Stewart and stuck across the centre, and the final layer is a another piece of blue card with the last pattern paper which has blue and purple spot design over it.
Ive then stuck my mounted image in the centre and my sentiment at the bottom on the right hand side. 

19 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Shirley,firstly,congrats on the fab candy....oh I sooo had my eye on some of that....lol....now for your card,love it,the image is brilliant and your colouring...wow...those eggs look ready to cook....take care.xxxx

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Shirley,

These cards are eggcellent (sorry, I couldn't resist!).
I hope the stamps have arrived with you today.

Hugs, Clare x

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Your grandsons will love them!!

Jessie said...

Congrats on the blog candy Shirley and I love your sweet cards!

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
congratulations on your wins hun, two gorgeous cards luv the image, fabby colouring as always, sue,x

Rosis Stöberseite said...

....your card is beautiful , such a sweet image and
lovely colours.
Stunning.
Hugs
Rosi

dolcreations said...

Congratulations on your wins Shirley! Way to go! I love your Easter cards! Your grandsons are going to love them!!!

Christine said...

Hi Shirley congrats on your candy wins..gorgeous easter cards your G/sons will be thrilled..they are both stunning wouldnt like to chose a fav love em both..

Hugs Christine xx

Stef H said...

ooooooooo these are great! love, love, love that paper! and woooo hooooooo on your wins!

Poppy said...

congratulations on your candy....lovely cards.
poppy

CraftyC said...

Both gorgeous cards Shirley, great masking. Well done on all your wins. I'm hoping get to the PO some time tomorrow. Rather a large package, hope you dont mind. Enjoy your candy!
Clairexx

Unknown said...

Shirley, these cards are beautiful, your Grandsons will love them!! Those papers are perfect!!
Congrats on your lucky week!!
Angela x

coldwaters2 said...

Hey Shirley congratulations on your wins all so totally deserved.....I am loving these two card those chickens you have coloured perfectly they are quite fabby your grandsons are gonna love them.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Melodie said...

That's a really gorgeous easter-card, I like the colours and the paper also.
Hugs
Melodie

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous cards Shirley, love the sweet images and the pretty colours.
Congrats on your wins, lucky you.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

congrats Shirley!!
your eastercard is so nice!
Hugs
elma

Sadilla said...

Hi dear
lovely easter card... very cute image and nice papers...
hugs
sadia

chris said...

Hello Shirley
these cards are very eggzotic,sorry some one had used the other pun!!
no they really are beautiful shirley love that chicken.
hugs chris xx

Cami said...

Congrats Shirly on all your blog candy winnings! How wonderful it happened to a wonderful gal as you! Love both your cute Easter cards for your grandsons! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the layout! Hugs, Cami