Friday 12 February 2010

One Card for Two Challenges

Ive created one card for two challenges, Mo's "Pink, Red and White and include a Heart", and Cute Card Thursday "In the name of Love" and I thought I would combine the two and make the above. Ive used one of Mo's gorgeous images this is Shy Valentine Vanessa, shes so cute, Ive printed her out onto white card and coloured her with copic pens then used my circle Nestabilitie die cut her out, afterwards I cut out a scalloped circle in a dark pink pearlescent card to mount her onto. The sentiment is one of MSE stamps that Ive stamped and mounted in the same way as the mounted image.
My base card is a 7"x 7" white card and my first layer is dark pink card, with one of four papers that Ive printed from my Nitwit Downloads, this set is called Butterfly Kisses, it has a sentiment all over design, and for the further three layers Ive used my deep edged Heart punch by Martha Stewart along one of the edges then layered them up down the card. Over the bottom one Ive stuck a ribbon with Love printed on it.
I then mounted my image in the centre and my sentiment underneath to the right hand side. I also punched out two hearts that I stuck to the bottom left. I then created two flowers from some of the left over paper and hung a heart charm from the bottom one, before sticking them to my card, Ive arranged some punched out leaves in a circle and popped the flowers on top.
My camera seems to have made her rather misty looking I hope it doesnt cause you any problems with being able to see her.

22 comments:

Stef H said...

hey shirley! fabulous card. thanks so much for stopping by my blog for the prairie fairy blog hop. i've seen you there before so i'm now following you. and thanks for all your lovely comments. looking forward to getting to know you and your gorgeous work!

hugs :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

I love it. Great flowers fab image and the colours, well they are super.

Hugs Ali x

Penni said...

A beautiful card Shirley.

Hugs
Penni
X

Unknown said...

Love the cute image, your card is fabulous!! Gorgeous colours too!!
Angela x

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Shirley, so pretty, gorgeous image and colours
love and hugs Mandy xx

Debbie said...

This is so sweet Shirley, I love the image and all the pretty papers and flower detail.
Have a great weekend! Debbie x

Elaine L. said...

Very cute! Love all the embellishments. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

Marcea said...

so very sweet my dear, I just love pink so this is just fab!!!!! Hope you are well, so sorry for not visiting as often as I should
Have a wonderful weekend hun
-x-

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Shirley this is awesome I love the punched borders and the added hearts that image is adorable and I love your flower display as I always do. I am sorry if I have missed any of your cards this week haven't been on top form it is the usual thing the big D but I am making an effort now.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Francesca said...

What a beautiful card such a cute image coloured beautifully

Hugs
Francesca

Anonymous said...

love this card! so sweet it is!
Hugs Elma

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Hi Shirley, what a beautiful card and great image you`ve used. I love all the hearts and flowers you`ve used aswell, it`s so wonderfully girly. Hugs Val xxx

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley,
what would it be nice if everyone had such a big heart ....
Your card has again become a perfect dream. I love these colors.
Hugs
Melodie

Paula said...

Wow what an adorable card Shirly such pretty colours and fab details as always.
Paula xxxx

Annie said...

such an adorable Valentine! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable Shirley.. I love Valentines.. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week.. Hope to see you again..

shulsart said...

Very sweet Valentines card. Good luck and thanks for joining the fun at Mo's Challenge blog.

Janette said...

Hi Shirley,What a fabulous card,I love girly,sweet cards....sorry I have not been around as much,just one of those things,take care,Janette.x

The Wired Angel said...

Another terrific job Ms. Shirley!! I hope this finds you doing well. Thanks for joining us this week at Mo's challenge and for being such a faithful follower! Sending huge hugs across the Pond, Peggy

Julia Aston said...

Love your flowers and all the pretty hearts and, of course, that adorable image!

theneon said...

Wow == you've got lots of beauty added to this charming card.