Monday 15 February 2010

Cards For Men - Challenge Four - "Green"

Well we are now onto our fourth Challenge here at Cards for Men, and we are delighted with the response and delighted at the fantastic cards that you girls are creating, thank you so much for your support.
Anyway this fortnights Challenge has been sponser by :-


This is what Claire says about herself:-"SAHM with three children. Trained in Textile design at the Glasgow School of Art. Love all things handmade especially papercrafts. I love to doodle......and my doodles are available through Shop Handmade.. at this link" http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Hopejacare

Claire has offered a very generous prize of 3 of her gorgeous digi stamps of your own choice as a prize for this fortnights Challenge, your card has got to be in all shades of "GREEN" it doesnt necessarily have to be created around one of Claire's stamps (but obviously it would be nice if it was,) and it must me suitable for man or boy.
My card for this challenge has been created from one of Claires digi stamps, a Dinosaur and I decided it
would be ideal to create it for one of grandsons. Ive printed it onto white card and coloured it yet again with my copic pens and my Sakura glitter pen, then used my Nestabilitie label die to cut it out, and then used the die to create a mount for it by drawing around the outside of it then cutting it out by hand. The sentiment was created on my computer and cut out in the same way.
My base card is a 8"x 8" white card with a first layer of green card with one of four designs from the Nitwit Downloads, this one is called the Fabusaurus collection, and the first paper is an all over design of dinosaurs, for the second mount Ive used another piece of green card with a spotty paper and stuck this down my card. The third and fourth layers are one a check design and second a plain green paper, but for both of these Ive used a dinosaur punch from EK success along both edges, and layered them up and stuck them across the card in the centre.
The mounted image has been stuck on top of this strip and my sentiment at the bottom on the right.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Shirley what a gorgeous card! I LOVE your dinosaur! look at the glittery spines! Perfect backing paper too.
Oliver will adore it.
Hugs Viv xx

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Shirley. Love the glittery spikes.

Donna xx

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Hi Shirley, What a great image to use and love your colouring, with all that glitter, it`s fab! Hugs Val xxx

Janette said...

Brilliant card Shirley,this would defo be suitable for ALL boys.....well they never really grow up do they...lol....x

brenda said...

Hi Shirley

I am already an admirer of Claire wonderful artwork - well she calls them doodles - how I wish I could doodle like that.

And you take on the green theme is just wonderful with that image. I will try adn join in.

B x

Anonymous said...

love the image - nice card it is Shirley
Hugs
Elma

Tracy said...

I think your image is fab and love the way you've put your card together.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
fabby card hun great image luv the colouring, all that sparkle, sue.x

Claire Phillips said...

Great job with the dinosaur and I love those papers! Cheers Claire x

Mina said...

oh this is just fabulous Shirley, I love the dinosaur hes great...thanks for visiting my blog for the Wags and Whiskers blog hop
Mina xxx

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley,
what have you done again for a magic card. I think it's total klasse.
Hugs
Melodie

chris said...

Hi there Shirley
this is something else.
love the shades of green (my favourite)its all great love chris xx

Jessie said...

Awww Shirley this is just sooo cool!

Anonymous said...

Loving the glitzy toenails and such a brilliant card
xxxxxxxxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Shirley, wow hunny youve been busy again since my last visit and im loving all the cards you've made. The male card is great, men are always so difficult to make cards for, am working on one now! have a lovely day hunny big hugs Linda x

Rosis Stöberseite said...

Since I can only marvel at just Grandio.
Hugs Rosi

Chris said...

Great card Shirley, I love the image and the glitter looks wonderful. Perfect design and papers too. Hope you're well. Hugs, Chris xx

Unknown said...

Fab Challenge this week Shirley, I love GREEN, have all the promaker colours....LOL....love the Dinosaur he is so cool...might use this image for Brian's birthday card for next week, after all he will be 51....LOL...love Avril xxx

Marcea said...

fab male card sweetie, I am sure any lad would just love it!!
-x-

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

I'm inspired by how many cards you create!! I need to get back into my craft room and start creating :)

rozzyb said...

ab card Shirley, love the image.
Hope you are keeping well
love & Hugs rozzy xx