Thursday 2 July 2009

Cute Card Thursday Challenge - A Stitch in Time


Todays card has been created for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge, A Stitch in Time. Im not sure what the title of this image is as it was a RAK from my friend Linda, but I wouldnt mind being able to relax as this little creature is doing as its so hot at the moment.

Ive coloured him with my copic pens and cut him out with my Nestabilitie Label die, Ive had to create a larger mount with some green pearlescent by drawing around the die, as Bev's tutorial shows you how to. I then mounted them together with some foam tape.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card onto which I have layered up some pale blue pearlescent card, and a paper from my Nitwit Download papers, I have made a second mount with some yellow pearlescent card with another of the papers, and a third layer is another of the papers and this one is stuck to a piece of green pearlescent card, Ive then used my sewing machine to stitch them all around the edge, as the challenge asks.

Ive then layered them up on my base card in a upside down shape, and stuck the mounted image with foam tape in the centre. The stamped greeting is one that I have in my stash, and mounted this onto a tag punched out of green pearlescent card, then attached it to the card with some brads.

I created two flowers with my Hydrangea petals and stuck a brad through the centre with a sandal charm hung from the bottom flower, Ive also stuck a couple of yellow roses in the centres. Ive attached them to the card with some silicone glue, and some punched out leaves.

The final thing I have done is create some flourishes and stuck them to the bottom left hand corner with some pearls stuck amoung the flourishes.

18 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Kirsten...x said...

Hi Shirley great card love the flowers and the charm...and thank you for thinking of me to pass the award onto i am flattered hugs kirsten...x

Jamee said...

aww your card is so adorable!!!

michele said...

I always love all of the detail, Shirley. The silver beads, the hanging antannae. Very, very cute as always.

Enfys said...

That's so pretty and fresh looking Shirley, gorgeous detail on this one. I love your orchids too, mine die the day they come into my house!
hugs
En xx

Tab said...

Wowee fab card love the colours, just gorgeous!
Hugs Tab xxx

Juls said...

love this card, the image you have used it too cute and I love the fab colours.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful card, it does just make you want to relax and look at the flowers, sooooo great.

Jules said...

Oh Shirley

I agree. To just lie there and relax like that little creature .. .. heaven.

In fact I have never lay in a hammock!!! Oh something else on my "I want to try list".

Wonderful card and beautiful colours.

Take care

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, super cute image....yes, just wish I could relax like that at the moment...it's just too hot for me!
Love the papers you've used.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

debby4000 said...

Oh its beautiful, love colours and details, wonderful stitching.
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

Morning Shirley hope you are well and not feeling to exhausted with all this hot weather dear. Love this card what a brilliant stamp and greart colouring as usual
Big Hugs
Jacqui x

Michele Roos said...

Oh what a fabulous card. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Hugs Michele x

Rach said...

a wonderful card Shirley, it would be lovely to kick back and relax.. fabulous colouring. hugs rachxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fab card Shirley, love the cute image and the pretty papers and detail. Hugs Nikki x

Paula said...

Hi Shirly i adore this card so much fabulous detail.
Paula xxxx

Ali Dantre said...

My Gosh Shirley, I adore this card...love these bright n fresh tones. This Image is just adorable eh!. Love it hun.

Hope you had a fab weekend

Big Hugs
Lisa.xx

Bev said...

Oh this is just adorable - what a sweet image you have used Shirley. Gorgeous colours and papers too x