Sunday 14 June 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge - Paper Piercing


Todays card is for the Just Magnolia Challenge, and this week it has to incorporate paper piercing. I have stamped my image onto white card and used a mask to be able to stamp the garden bench behind the main image, then coloured it with my Copic Pens. After which I have cut it out with my rotatrim and mounted it onto a piece of pale mauve pearlescent card and then stitched a zigzag stitch down all the sides with my sewing machine, after which I have layered it onto a piece of pink pearlescent card.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, onto which I have layered up a piece of the same mauve pearlescent card and one of the Bearly Mine Extreme Designs cd patterns, then I have used a further three more designs to create 3 layers of punched edged papers to lay on top of the base layer, over these I have put another piece of the same mauve pearlescent card but have put it through my cuttlebug with the paisley embossing folder first, and wrapped a piece of stark pink rikrak brad around the lot and stuck it to the back.

On top of this I have stuck my stamped coloured image, and I have also stamped a greeting onto white card and layered it up in the same way and stuck this to the right handside of the bottom of the card. I then punched out some flourishes from a piece of left over paper from the layered up ones, and arranged them along the folded edge and across the bottom on the left handside, and popped some pink pearls amoung the swirls.

To finish of I have created two flowers with my Hydrangea petals and two roses, Ive then punched out some leaves and stuck them to the card hung a flower charm from the bottom flower and stuck these also to the card.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH My Shirley, that is just delicious!
Love the paper piecing and colouring.. just stunning!
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Big hugs, Marlene xx

debby4000 said...

Oh she looks so cute sitting on the bench, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

debby4000 said...

Oh she looks so cute sitting on the bench, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Shirley,love the cute image and the pretty papers and lo. Hugs Nikki x

Anonymous said...

hiya sweetie, you have made a beautiful cards... hugs rachxx

debbies said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE

Kirsten...x said...

Great card the image looks great and the colours are stunning hugs kirsten...x

CraftyC said...

Aww Shirley, this realy is a gorgeous card. I love the papers, beautiful colours. Hope you had a lovely weekend
Clairexx

cats whiskers said...

Hi Shirley hope you are enjoying your weekend. What a great card you have created for Jm this week it is stunning dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Riet said...

Wowww Shirley,wath a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Janet said...

Soooo beautiful Shirley.....well done! x

Bev said...

Wow, what a sweet card Shirley!! I love your choice of beautiful papers and wonderful details x

Jamee said...

Super cute card! i left you something on my blog :)

Linda said...

Hi Shirley! This card is beautiful! Today I saw the cards you sent to Denise and Jamee. OMG - they are gorgeous! The pictures don't do your creations justice!!! Keep up the great work and thanks for always leaving such sweet comments on my blog! Hugs, Linda

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

Found your blog whilst "hopping around". What a treat.

You have some lovely creations on your blog.

This card is brilliant. Love the colours and you have used and the papers/stitching/image are all perfect.

Love Jules xx

Bev said...

Beautiful card Shirley, such gorgeous colours and so very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at JM this week. x