Monday 1 June 2009

Fairy Sprinkles with her Teddy


Firstly I want to thank all those lovely people who have been leaving me such lovely comments, I try to return it by visiting yours, but I just wanted to give you an extra thank you as I do so appreciate you calling by and leaving me your comments. I also want to say hello to some of my new followers who have joined my blogspot recently. Secondly I hope that you all enjoyed your weekend, its been so lovely that Ive just been taking things easy and relaxing in the garden, hopefully youve done the same.

Todays card is another of Janets gorgeous new Pink Gem Design stamps, this one is a favourite, as I do collect teddy bears so you can understand why. I have stamped her onto white card and coloured her with my Karisma pencils, with also a little bit of Sakura Glitter Pen, just to give her a bit of extra sparkle. I have then cut her out with one of the label dies from Spellbinders, and then cut another one out of mauve pearlescent card to mount her onto.

The base card is another of my favourite size 8"x 8" white card on top of which I have layered up mauve pearlescent card with a paper from the Pocket full of Poses stack, its not to easy to see as I have put a piece of embossed vellum over the top. The second layer is another piece of mauve pearlescent card with another of the mauve patterns from the same stack, but has been stuck to the base card in a diamond shape.

I have mounted the stamped image in the centre of this mount with the mount at the same angle as the last layer. I have then punched out some flourishes and stuck them to two opposite corners, one with a star gem in and the other a teddy button. For the greeting I have used another of my Just-Rite stamps and cut this out with my smaller label die and have again cut out another in the same pearlescent card and rotated it like the stamped image, then attached it to the card with a bit of foam tape.

The flowers are some of my prima flowers layered up and with a pearl brad and a silver spacer through the centre of both, on the bottom one I have hung two charms, one a fairy and one a teddy bear, a bit frivalous but just thought it did warrant it. Before sticking them to the card I have again punched out some leaves and arranged them underneath the flowers and stuck them to the card with silicone glue. The final touch was the star gems which I have stuck in three of the corners.

11 comments:

cats whiskers said...

What a cutie this one is hun love that great image and the colours you have used on here and the glitter
Hugs Jacqui x

Janet said...

Aww what a lovely job you have made of this one Shirley! I love the colours you have chosen too!X

Naoual said...

Awww that image is sooo cute!! I love the way you layered the flowers they look stunning! Your card is just beautiful, great job!

Hugs, Naoual

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hello sweet Shirley,
thank you so so much for your kind words xxx
your card is truly adorable. love your play with the shapes and you are right the cute gems are the perfect final touch on this card.

love
claudia

Rach said...

this is gorgeous shirley, such a sweet image. glad to hear that you have had a lovely weekend.. isn't the sunshine wonderful.xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Shirley this is gorgeous love that image and your colour combo. Those flowers are beautiful they do make a difference to a card don't they which is why I am using mine a lot more lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
gorgeous card hun great colours, fabby layout, hope you well, sue.x

Anonymous said...

Really pretty card Shirley, adorable image and perfect details.
Thanks for your kind comments too...always nice visiting your blog.
Hugs
Carole x

michele said...

Shirley, this is an absolutely beautiful card. The little girl is adorable. Thank you too for including my button on your site. I appreciate it.

Debbie said...

Oh this is so pretty Shirley, the image is adorable and I love the gorgeous papers and flower details. Debbie x