Monday 20 April 2009

My Prince Charming


Well Ive had another attempt with the Copic Pens, it seems I even encouraged Poppy to try hers again, then stupidly missed that in her post, sorry Poppy I dont how it happened but you did do a brilliant job with them.

Anyway the images I have chosen this time are two Whiff of Joy Medival stamps, Charlie and the Horse. I tried several ways of trying to mask one or the other so that I could actually sit Charlie on the horse but unfortunately I just couldnt get him positioned in the right place, so I chickened out and actually stamped them onto card and coloured them with my copic pens, (Im still rather nervous of using them), and afterwards I cut them both out completely. Ive then positioned Charlie on the horse and stuck him on then arranged him on the main square mount. I then tried not very successfully to put a shadow under the hooves, but it looks a bit cloudy to me and rather heavy, sorry about that.

The base card is another of my now infamous 8"x 8" cards created from a A3 piece of card, I used a brown card for all my mounts this time and two Elusive Images papers, that I arrived with my Guild membership, but you can print them off from one of Artylicious Cds, I cannot say which one it is at the moment.

I actually used one of my flourish stamps with Sepia Versafine inkpad to stamp around the edge of all the mounts, and along the edges. I have stuck the centre mount across the first one and the stamped Image I have put in the centre. The greeting was another of Just-Rite stamps and then cut out with the Oval Nestabilitie die, and for the second mount Ive used a Scalloped one.

To finish of the card Ive used a multi brown layered flower with a brad in the centre and a brown button stuck on top, Ive actually threaded a bit of brown ribbon through and tied a knot, and the last thing Ive done is stuck three clear jewels to the top on the left hand side.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow!!!!
Shirley my jaw just hit the floor, you have done and awesome job on colouring charlie and the horse.. wow!! your shading is wonderful and ilike the look of the ground... a stunning card
hugs rachxxx

Poppy said...

OMG Shirley, that is just brilliant, love it its great. wonderful colouring.
poppy

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Shirley,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Denise said...

Very stunning card! You did a great job with the coloring. Love the layout too.

Lia said...

wow your card is absolutely fabulous I love the stamp
Hugs Lia

debby4000 said...

Absolutely brilliant, what gorgeous colouring.
luv
Debby

Linnie said...

this is just fantastic your colours are stunning
luv
linniex

Carole said...

Stunning card, super colouring!
Hugs
Carole x

Bev said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Shirely this is a stunner of a card hun - love the gorgeous distressed feel. Fabulous! x