Wednesday 11 February 2009

Purple Rain


Todays card was again created with one of the Whiff of Joy Stamps, this one is called Willow with Umbrella.

I stamped the image again onto white card and coloured it with my Derwent Inktense pencils and then used my Artquest paints over the top. When dry I cut it out with my Nestabilitie Circle die, and again I used a larger Scalloped edged one with mauve pearlescent card for the mount.

The base card is a dark purple A4 card cut to 5"x5" size, on top of this I have laid a purple paper which I have punched the bottom edge with one of my Martha Stewart punches called Paper Doilly. For the second layer I have used a patterned paper and stuck two ribbons across the middle, under one I have stuck the stamped image and over the top one.

I then used one of my tag Nestabilitie dies to cut out the tag and put this on the bottom ribbon, I did put a piece of white card in the middle to put the peeloff greeting on, I finished this of with a piece of mauve velvet ribbon threaded through the hole.

To finish of the card I have stuck two different sizes of mulberry flowers on the left hand side at the top, and two flower buttons on the bottom right side.

1 comment:

Rach said...

sucha sweet card, love those flowers that you have used, they look fantastic.xx