Saturday 7 February 2009

A Card for Mum


My mum loves all shades of mauve, and when I had this topper left from one of my cards I made the other day, I thought I would use it to make her one. As she lives in a Nursing home I like to send her a card now and again to cheer her up and to tell her how much I love her.

The base card is a dark purple, and on top of this I have laid a pale mauve, but first I used my Martha Stewart border doily punch to give it a pretty edge, the top layer is a paper that I have printed from the Joanna Sheen Cottage Garden Cds, and again I have used the border punch to give it the same edge.

Down the centre of the card I have laid a piece of the dark card but first I have used a scalloped edge cutter and on top of this I had put a strip of the paler paper but having first used a black pen and a template to create a flourish pattern, I also used my Sakura clear glitter pen over the pattern to get it to stand out.

The stamped image was one where I have used the Art Nouveau stamps that came with My Craft Studio Cds, and then used my Marvy Le Plume pens to watercolour it. I have also mounted this on the same card and papers that Ive used for the card itself, and then positioned it on the strips in the centre of the base card.

Down the fold I have put a dark purple ribbon, it was a bit wide so I have doubled it and attached three mauve roses within the knot.

The greeting was printed on my computer and mounted the same way as the stamped image.

1 comment:

Rach said...

This is a beautiful card, love the tones of Mauve that you have used, Your mum will love it. Thank you for your kind words that you left on my blog concerning my Son, and huge congrats to your grandson on his promotion.xx