Thursday 22 January 2009

A Special Thank you for Danu


Todays card was created as a thankyou card for my step granddaughters mum, as shes only five months old it would be impossible for her even to say thank you for all her mum does for her, and I know how much young mum's like to feel appreciated for all their hard work and guidance. Danu's mum is a brilliant mum and is doing so many things with her little daughter and I thought it would be nice to thank her in a special way.

The Base card was created with My Craft Studio program, which I printed onto a A4 piece of white card, I also printed another lighter piece of paper with the same design for the insert, but I first used the Opacity button to make it lighter, on this I printed a thank you verse.

The main card was then folded in half and turned to landscape and across the centre I stuck a piece of Pink Organza ribbon, then I resized a photo of Danu and printed it to fit in a photo frame which I had also created with My Craft Studio program, I cut the photo frame out and put some foam tape on it, and then with the photo underneath I stuck it to the base card across the ribbon. As I had printed two copies of the frame I decoupaged some of the pieces like the ribbon at the bottom and the flowers at the top.

I also printed a greeting from my computer and stuck this onto a piece of Pink Pearlescent Card and used my scallop scissors around the edge, this was then stuck on the card with a bit of foam tape.

I finished the card of with a couple of embellishments which I had in my crafty stash.

No comments: