Wednesday 7 June 2017

Challenge #297 - Flower Power - The Paper Shelter

Good Morning Paper Shelter Followers Im writing up this post a couple of weeks before it goes live and Im hoping by the actual date that it does I will be recovering from a operation (still not date, still waiting) so in the mean time Nikki one of my Design Team has been promoted to taking on the responsibility of running the Challenges for now, I do hope that you will support her every way you can Im really grateful to her, thank you my love.
This weeks Challenge is all about  "Flowers" and if your anything like me the more the merrier but of course with the postal charges going up all the time the cheapest way is to find colourful printed backing papers instead but on this card I have gone a bit mad hope you like the results.
But firstly you will want to know who our Sponsors are and as always our sponsers are The Paper Shelter and they are offering a fabulous prize of $30. to spend on their website


But as always it comes with the rule that you must have used one of their products on your card or project, this could be a Image, Paper or Printable and even if you dont, they will still give you 3 digi images of your own choice, so it really is a win win situation dont you think.
And now for the big reveal


and Im really pleased with the end result this little chap is called "Cheerful Humming Bird" and you will find him here, I printed him onto white card then used my copic pens to colour him, afterwards I used one of Sue Wilsons dies to cut him out and a fancy one for the mount out of beige card.
The base card is a 6.50"x 6.50" white card with the first mount out of the same beige card and the backing paper is also from the same digi image set and you will find it here,  I  used a sentiment from my stash which I stamped onto white card and cut in the same shape as the main image, this was then mounted on top of some beige card and placed in the bottom right hand corner.
I then placed my mounted image in the center and around it I used leaf dies and white and pink lily flowers, and to finish of I have used several different coloured Nuvo drops from Tonic, down the right hand side.
I do hope you like the result and if you do please do go and visit The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of the very talented Design Team have created for your inspiration and hopefully you to will want to take part in this "Flower Power" Challenge.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://lemonshortbreadchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://everybody-art-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://stampartpapel.com/category/comunidad/ 
http://ttcrd.blogspot.co.uk/ 
                                           

11 comments:

CraftyNatalie said...

Hi Shirley. Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my card. I'm so honoured that you chose me to be part of the team and am enjoying being part of it.
Your card is so pretty and I love the flowers and leaves around the image.

Andrea Beecroft said...

Such a sweet card so pretty. Thank you for sharing your card with us over at Digi Choosday Challenge. Good luck with your entry. Hugs Andrea DT

Creative world said...

Wow,what a gorgeous half floral wreath you created and with awesome bright colors colored your image,fantastic...thak you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Moni said...

Beautiful card!! Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges.-Monica DT.

Marja said...

Gorgeous card.Nice how you used everything on your card.Thank you for playing in the challenge at crafty sentiments.
Marja GDT Crafty Sentiments.

Linda Mc Enery said...

I love this Shirley! Such a fun image, and your colouring is STUNNING!

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

I love your wreath and the way you incorporated the flowers onto it! Very lovely! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Seija said...

Oh I love Hummingbirds soooo much. Beautiful Card and so much lovely Flowers. I Love how you set the sweet Hummingbird in Szene! Thanks for joining us at EAC. Michi

Unknown said...

Very beautiful card!!
Thanks for joining with us at Retarte.
Yaiza DT

María Pilar said...

Beautiful card
Thanks for joining us at Retarte 99
We wait you for our Retarte 100
Maria Pilar DT

Anjie said...

Great make. Thanks for joining us in our week 23 Anything Goes challenge at Digi Choosday
Anjie (DT)