Wednesday 21 September 2016

Challenge #265 - "A Card of Many Folds" - The Paper Shelter

Good Morning Paper Shelter Followers this weeks theme over on the Challenge Blog is a "Card of Many Folds" I do hope that this wont put you of creating a card for us, it can be a simple design as I have created or something more adventurous as some of my Design Team have created.
But before I go any further I must tell you we are so lucky to have our sponsor Veronica of The Paper Shelter 


And she is offering a fabulous prize of $30 to spend on their website and you will find that the exchange rate is very favourable between us and them so you get a lot for your money and they always have special offers to so do go and browse to your hearts content. And even if you do not use one of their image they will still offer you 3 digi images of your own choice so you really cannot loose can you. But please dont forget that you are only allowed to enter 3 times and at least one of your projects must be using one of our images.
Here is the card I created


This gorgeous image is "Pineapple" and you will find her here, I have printed her onto white card and then coloured her with my copic pens, I then used my Spellbinders No.1 Labels die to cut her out and a fancy one for the mount, I have also used the same die set for the sentiment.
The base card is a 7"x 7" three folded card the larger one to the front and the smaller one folded  under this larger one, not easy to see in the photo but you just get a glimpse of it towards the right of the photo.
I have used "Poolside Splash" papers from Sweetshoppe Designs and I used two of the papers from the design set. On the larger fold I have used a piece of blue card for the first mount and then on top of this is the first paper a water design, then used a strip of my second paper which has lots of beach items and down the two sides I have used a border punch from EK success punches, then layered this on top of the first one. For the smaller fold I have used the same papers but cut them down to fit the size of the fold and also layered them up on top of the piece of blue card as well.
I then placed my mounted image over the edge of the front fold and the sentiment in the bottom left hand corner. To finish of I have used several buttons down the right hand side on the smaller fold, and another in the top left hand corner.
I hope I have explained my method OK though it might sound a little mixed up, I do apologise for that. Anyway now that youve seen my card I do hope you will pay a visit to The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of the very talented Design Team have created for your inspiration and I do hope you will be inspired to take part in this "A Card of Many Folds".
This Card is to be entered to the following Challenges:-
http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ 

6 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Lovely card Shirley.

Cards Created by Mo said...

I love your card! Love the blue tones and everything.

Xxx Monique

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Shirley thank you for joining us over on
Inspiration Destination
Dianne xx
IDCB DT

judith@poppy cottage said...

A super card, your image is coloured beautifully. Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Judith xx

Jo Ann said...

Lovely creation. We are so blessed of your joining our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday and hope you'll join us again in the new Challenge that started today. Leaving you with the encouragement from God's Word in 2 Timothy 2:10 which says, "For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory." Have a wonderful week.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Zoe said...

Lovely creation and beautifully coloured in image, thank you for joining in Chocolate Baroque colour challenge, good luck, Zoe DT member xx