Friday 25 April 2014

A Card for the Aurora Wings Monotone Challenge

Good Afternoon Crafters, well I hope you are looking forward to the weekend, I would be happy if the weather improves its so changeable at the moment, yesterday was fabulous and today its pouring of rain and its quite chilly, roll on Summer and hopefully a nicer one that last years.
Todays card is for Aurora Wings "Monotone" Challenge and I have used this "Easter Lily" image though I have decided to use it as a Madonna Lily as this is one of my most favourite flowers, I love to buy a bunch from the supermarket and have them in my front room the smell is just heavenly as they come out. Anyway to get back to my card I have colored the image with my copic pens and then used on of my Nestabilitie Dies to cut it out and a larger one for the mount.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of green card and the papers are from Sweetshoppes "Cool Colours" collection, and as this is a monotone card I have used tones of green and one of grey/white.
I have layered it up as you can see with the lighter green for my first mount and then the darker one on top and a grey/white one for the third layer. The mounted image was then placed in the center and the sentiment is one from my stash and placed in the bottom right hand corner.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://aurorawingschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://4kraftygirlzchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://creativeknockouts.blogspot.co.uk/
http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
http://carabbiemomentsofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

13 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous card, Shirley! FAbulous design and your DP's are so elegant. I adore the smell of lilies, too. Thank you so much for joining our Monochromatic Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Mojca said...

oh it's beautiful! gorgeous colours. hugs! Mojca

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Shirley, such a beautiful image.
Pauline
x

Anonymous said...

wonderful card- wish you a nice weekend
Elma

Teresa said...

This is beautiful, lilies are such elegant flowers and your whole design is perfectly suited to them. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments this time - good luck x

Laney said...

Absolutely gorgeous Shirley xx

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

This is so elegant and beautiful, Shirley! I love your coloring and design. Thank you for joining Aurora Wings' "Monochromatic" challenge with this beauty! Mitzi xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful, I love the floral image.
Kevin xx

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card turned out beautifully! i just love those lilies! Thanks for sharing your card with us here at www.7kidscollegeffund.com!

charlene said...

beautifully done! Love the image and the papers are just perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Moments.
Hugs

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Gorgeous card, thanks so much for entering the Crafty Girls Challenge - Good Luck!
Hugs Donna DT xx

Patty Sue 2 said...

This card is so lovely and serene. I could see so many uses for this image. Your paper choices are perfect and set off the image. This is a beautiful work of art!

Bad Kitty said...

beautiful!