Wednesday 17 July 2013

Challenge #121 - The Paper Shelter - "Clean and Simple"

Good Morning Crafters, oh wow its certainly been hot here in Gloucestershire and my poor husband is finding it a trial, hes not good with it, and my poor dog is also finding it difficult but I dont mind much prefer it to the cold for sure. Anyway this weeks Challenge over on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot is all about a "Clean and Simple" design and I hope that you wont find it to difficult to create a card with it. 
Anyway as usual our sponsors are Veronica and Pedro of The Paper Shelter and they are offering a fabulous prize of $30.
but this is providing you have used with one of their gorgeous products on your card, and that can be either a image, papers or a printable and if you like to browse their website here is the link to their site. But even if you dont use one of their products you can still take part in our challenge and if you are chosen by random org. you will receive 3 digi images of your own choice, so you really cant loose can you.
And now I want to show you what I have created for the Challenge.
The image I have used for my card is "I Win" you will find her here, and I have printed her onto white card then used my copic pens to colour her, afterwards I cut her out completely. I then used some of the fawn card and a Cheery Lynn "Swedish Spring" die created a mount for her to be placed on. The sentiment is one from my stash and has also been stamped onto a piece of white card then mounted on a ribbon slider. I then threaded it with a piece of blue ribbon ready to stick to the card.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of the same fawn card, the paper is the one that came with the image and I have mounted it onto the first mount. I then cut some swirls and stuck them around the top two corners and stuck the mounted image towards the top. I then wrapped the ribbon with the sentiment around the first mount and stuck it to the back.
To finish of I have used several roses of various creams and stuck them on top of the leave swirls (stash item) down the top two sides.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope that you will pay a visit to The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of the Design Team have created for your inspiration, and hopefully you to will want to take part in this "Clean and Simple" Challenge.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://scrap-creations1.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://inkychicks.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/ 


13 comments:

Merkkari said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the colors you have used! Just perfect! Hugs, Merkkari

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Such a pretty card Shirley - I LOVE the combination of colours, and the image is fabulous. Beautiful layout too!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful, as always, Shirley, loving that image...was just waiting for a Clean and Simple of Less is More, today, LOL love and hugs hun xxx

Anonymous said...

such pretty card
Hugs
Elma

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous, hugs Pops x

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Shirley, the image is so pretty! Hugs, Lisa x

Elaine said...

Gorgeous Shirley.
This is just the sweetest image and beautifully coloured, as always.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

cotnob said...

Fabulous card Shirley, gorgeous image and great design.
Pauline
x

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous card Shirley the colours and your design are beautiful, it looks stunning.
Hugs Linda

Katherine Clayton said...

What a gorgeous card . . . and so elegant!!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out Challenge. Hope you join us again sometime soon!!! (And GOOD LUCK!!)

Kathy - CIO DT

Anne Fenton said...

Beautiful card ... Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

Lynn's Place said...

Very nice card :)

J. Christoffersen said...

Love those peachy flowers - gorgeous card! Thanks for participating in the Clear It Out International challenge!
Jennifer C. - DT