Wednesday 3 July 2013

Challenge #119 - The Paper Shelter - "Photo Inspiration"

Good Morning Crafters, by the time this post goes live I will be on my way to Looe in Cornwall for a few days holiday, we are meeting up with friends from Guernsey so it will be lovely to catch up with all their news, I just hope the weather improves and we have at least a dry time, wish me luck.
Anyway this weeks Challenge over at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot is a "Photo Inspiration" one and here is the photo I chose to use.


But before I show you my card I want to tell you about our sponsors Veronica and Pedro of The Paper Shelter, they are the most generously offering a prize of $30.


but this is providing you have used one of their products on your card, they do have a fabulous choice of images, papers and printables on offer and they are very good value and the exchange rate is brilliant. But even if you dont use one they will still give you 3 digi images of your own choice, so its a really good way of building up your library of images to use for our Challenges.
And now I want to show you what I did with this photo for my card.


I have used this gorgeous image "Everyone can Fly" and you will find her here, and I printed her onto white card and coloured her with my copic pens, afterwards I used Nestabilitie Die Labels No.1 to cut her out, then used a Decorative one for the mount.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of lilac card, and the papers are from First Editions "New Bloom" paper pack, the first paper is a very pretty cream background with a flower pattern on, the second is a strip across the middle which is a embossed one and the third is a pink paper and I have run it through my embosser and a doily die, this was placed under the mounted image. The sentiment was then tucked behind the corner at the top.
To finish of I have used my Cheery Lynn corner dies and cut out two with some of the lilac card and placed in the bottom two corners. And the last thing I have used some of the paper from the same paper pad and punched out several layers of flowers and then embossed them to create the flower in the top left hand corner.
Now that youve have seen my card I do hope that you will pay a visit to The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of the Design Team have created for your inspiration, and hopefully you will want to take part in this "Photo Inspiration" Challenge.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-

13 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is adorable Shirley! Love the dies behind the image and the beautiful flower! I think the forecast is certainly great from Friday onwards so I hope you have a fabulous time! Hugs Susan x

Eileen said...

This is so cute Shirley. Love the adorable image, and beautifully coloured. Great papers and design too.
Hope you're having a great time and that the weather is being good to you
Eileen x

cotnob said...

This is lovely Shirley, such a sweet image and pretty papers.
Enjoy your holiday.
Pauline
x

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie, this is absolutely STUNNING perfect in every way, hugs pops x x x

heidy said...

This is sweet Schirley!!
XXX Heidy

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sarah said...

This is just gorgeous Shirley, love, love, love the image x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, I like the sweet image, the colours and the design.
Kevin xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Patty Sue 2 said...

Shirley, I am always in awe of your lovely cards and this one is certainly a head turner. Beautiful job my friend.

Claire Phillips said...

So many gorgeous cards to catch up with Shirley - just beautiful!I am slowly getting unpacked from Woolfest and repacked to head off on family holiday tomorrow - can't wait!
Hopefully the weather is good with you! Cheers Claire x

Linda . J said...

This is so pretty Shirley, gorgeous design!
Hugs Linda

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Love the cute little fairy and pretty die cuts, just beautiful Shirley
Hugs Julie P