Sunday 14 July 2013

A Card with the new Adorable Images from Funky Kits

Good Morning Crafters, firstly I want to let you know the news on my grandson and hubby, firstly hubby is doing well though his neck is rather stiff and the wound a bit inflamed but hopefully it will go down in the next few days, and of course he will find it easier to turn his head once they remove the stitches, its going to take awhile for him to get better use of his neck. And now for the news on my grandson, hes home thank goodness and his recover should be faster, though he still has a lot of follow up appointments to attend before we can say whether the whole repair has been successful, Joe did badly break his arm, both of the bones and they bowed as well and one of the ends came through the skin as well, so you can imagine what damage has happened and they have pinned the bones back together so lets hope they knit together properly without any problems, but only time will tell. So far hes been lucky not to loose his arm altogether. My daughter is worried what hes going to think of the end result as the wound is quite big and they had to close it with a skin craft by using some of his thigh skin to do so.
Anyway back to my card, this image is one of the new beautiful digi images from Funky Kits, this is "Ballet Student" isnt she gorgeous, Ive printed her onto white card and coloured her with my copic pens, afterwards I used Nestabilitie Die Labels No.1 with a Decorative one for the mount. The sentiment is one from my stash, and this has been mounted on a La La Land folded tag.
The base mounted is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of pink card and the papers are from "Isabella" from Do Crafts, and then on top is a beautiful square doily from Krafty Hands. The mounted image was then placed in the center and the sentiment is below on the right. To finish of I have used three carnations and two beaded sprays and created a spray in the top left hand corner.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://sugarbowlblog.blogspot.co.uk/
http://canyoudigiit.com/blog/
http://paperminutes.blogspot.co.uk/
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/

17 comments:

Unknown said...

stunning card Shirley and that is great news about your hubby and grandson both ops went well, and both home.
Chris x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, I like the sweet image the square doily and the flowers.
Kevin xx

Cards By MI said...

This is so lovely Shirley. I think I have to jump on over to the Funky place and have a look myself. Hope you had a good weekend and that you all are doing fine.
Love n hugs
Marie

heidy said...

Such a beautiful card Shirley!!
Give them both a hug from me and you too ofcourse!!!
XXX Heidy

Anonymous said...

So glad hubby is on the mend and your Grandson is through the operation and back home, I will keep your family in my Prayers xo
Your card is gorgeous Shirley, such a pretty image, love all the pink and die cuts, very sweet
Hugs Julie P

cotnob said...

This is such a pretty card Shirley, beautifully coloured image and fabulous design.
I'm so pleased that Joe is at home and do hope that everything heals up without any problems.
Hubby still sounds as though he is very uncomfortable, I do hope things improve for him soon and he begins to get some movement back in his neck.
Take care of yourself.
Pauline
x

Mynn xx said...

What a doll! Fabulous coloring and beautiful embellies! Thanks for joining us at CYDI! :)

Judith said...

Your adorable us just adorable Shirley i love all the pretty mounting and embellie- just s gorgeous girly card. So pleased to hear that your poorly people are getting better I think you probably deserve a rest after all of this
Hugs Judith x

Elena V. said...

wow! It's so sweet!

Stef H said...

what great news on hubby and grandson!

shirley! your card is gorgeous! your coloring is awesome. i love her hair!!!!

hugs :)

Deonna B said...

Gorgeous card! I Love all of the pink and the details. Thank you so much for sharing with TTCRD.

Unknown said...

Superb card Shirley, love it hun, counting the days till October!, also Nikki has a new house (at long last)..she said to tell you...love and hugs hun xxx

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Shirley, love the colours and colouring.
Fantastic news on your family, I have been following your news on Facebook and so pleased for you and your news.
Hugs Linda

Patricia St Martin said...

Shirley, Your card is just stunning. She is just adorable and I love her all in pink.
I'm so sorry about all the things that have been going on. So glad your grandson arm is healing fine, that had to be hard for him and makes his summer not too much fun. This is the first I'd seen about hubby, hope you got good news about the biopsy that is so scary. Sending you my love and prayers. You take care of yourself.
Hugs, Patricia

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Shirley - what a gorgeous card. The image is adorable and I love the pink and white theme. Fabulous Carnations too.

I do hope your Grandson's arm operations are totally successful Shirley, and I hope all is well with your Hubby too.
Big hugs, Sylvia xxx

Crafteezee said...

Beautiful Shirley. I hope they both have a speedy recovery. X

Fiona said...

this is gorgeous Shirley, love this image and you have coloured her beautifully!!

thanks for joining us at The Sugar Bowl.

Fi
x