Friday 19 July 2013

A Card for the Sundays with Santa Facebook Challenge

Good Afternoon Crafters, well I thought as I had to create a card for the Sundays with Santa "Embossing" Challenge you might like to see it, Im quite happy with it.
I had a long piece of doubled card and I wasnt sure what to do with it as its a strange size, but I found some white pearlescent card and as the embossing folders of snow and holly werent quite long enough to cover all the card I then just put it half and half, once it was embossed I stuck it to my piece of card and wrapped a ribbon (from my stash) around the middle. The sentiment is one of the new Hunkydory ones that I thought went well with the card.
And here is a photo of my dog taking it easy on the futon settee by the side of my craft desk, I hope your not finding the weather to tiring, today we have a lovely breeze and its making it more bearable.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://hollyjollychristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca/
http://www.lovesrubberstampschallenges.com/


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, love it hun, xxx

Anonymous said...

wonderful- looks so elegant
Hugs
Elma

heidy said...

Gorgeous Shirley and your dog is so cute!!
XXX Heidy

paige said...

Beautiful embossing and lovely ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly!

Teresa Kline said...

cute card and a start to Christmas...yeah...your dogie is adorable too! hope you have a super weekend!

enjoy *~*

Jules said...

Oh gosh Shirley.

I have just been having a catch up on your blog and have just been reading about your hubby and grandson.

What a lot of worry you have been through. I'm sorry.

I hope things are healing and progressing well for both of them.

You have also posted some lovely cards whilst all this has been going on too.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Stef H said...

this is beautiful! that ribbon is gorgeous!

super cute puppy!

hugs :)

Lynn's Place said...

beautiful card tfs

cotnob said...

This is lovely Shirley, great embossing and beautiful ribbon.
Pauline
x

Olivia said...

Such a sweet card. Great job and thanks for joining us at LRS

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, your creation is just gorgeous :0) Hugs pops xxx

Eileen said...

Amazing card Shirley. That ribbon works so well with the embossing.
Your dog is ssssssooooooooooo cute.
Eileen x

Jill said...

This is lovely Shirley, very effective. Hope it's a little cooler today and your doggy is feeling more lively.

Lydia said...

beautiful xx thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps xx

Lydia said...

beautiful xx thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps xx