Wednesday 4 July 2012

The 71st Challenge for The Paper Shelter - "Flower Power"

Good Morning Everyone, well this week we shall be having a Design Team Call and it will be starting this coming Saturday the 7th and will run for two weeks. So if your interested in joining our very talented teams I do hope you will be taking part. The D.T. Call will run as a separate thing and we shall still be having Challenges as usual, but from the 7th to the 20th of July we wont be commenting on your cards so don't be surprised by this.
Anyway back to this weeks Challenge which is all about "Flower Power" and we shall want to see lots of flowers on your cards but before I show you my card Im sure you will want to know what the prize is. As usual Veronica and Pedro of The Paper Shelter are offering you
$20 to spend on their website, but to be in a chance of winning the whole amount you must use one of their products on your card, but even if you don't you will still win 3 digi images of your own choice if your picked by random org. and I can not think of anything more generous that this.
And now I will show you my card.
For my card I have used this sweet image called "Lovely Blossoms" and you will find it here, I have printed her onto white card then used my copic pens to colour her then used my square nestabilitie die to cut her out, and then mounted her onto a larger square. The sentiment I have used is one from my stash and has been treated in the same way as the image.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of pink card, the papers I have used are from the "So Girly" paper set and you will find them here. This first paper has large flowers on and the second has smaller ones with stripes on it. I then used the Spring border die from Memory Box and positioned it down the bottom edge.
I then positioned my mounted image in the centre with the sentiment at the bottom on the right hand side. I then used some of the left over papers and the rolled flower dies from Die-namics and created four flowers with them, these were then stuck to the top left hand corner on top of punched out leaves which were attached to the card with silicone glue.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope you will go and visit The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of the very talented design team have created for you and hopefully it will inspire you to take part in this weeks "Flower Power" Challenge.
This Card is to be entered into the following Challenges:-

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely card Shirley, fab image love teh flowers, great papers and love the design! Jo xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Shirley,love the image and backing.xxx

Janette said...

Hi Shirley,
Awww this is cute, so pretty and sweet. A lovely card..xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Shirley, this is a gorgeous card. What a gorgeous image. Think I might need to have a little splurge to cheer myself up and to enter the challenge. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Sarah said...

This is just beautiful Shirley x

Riet said...

Beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley this is gorgeous I adore that image you have used the papers are so pretty and the flowers are WOW.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

so lovely flower power card Shirley......i like the nice colours and the details......

Hugs
Judith

debby4000 said...

Wonderful sweet card Shirley, love the cute image and the pretty details.
luv
Debby