Wednesday 17 August 2011

The Twentyseventh Challenge for The Paper Shelter "A Receipe"

Well good morning all, I survived the first Team Leader DT posting though I did make a mistake with the finishing date and Im determined not to make that mistake again, I think it went down well though again Im just as scared at this my second attempt at writing up the Challenge on The Paper Shelter Blogspot as I was before, I do hope it gets less so as time goes by.
Anyway todays challenge is a "Receipe" and we want you to use
a. 3 Designer Papers
b. 2 Images
c. 1 Embellishment 
Im sure you will be able to create a fabulous card within these limits and Im looking forward to seeing what you do make. As always were are being sponsered by our fabulous talented couple Veronica and Pedro of The Paper Shelter
and they are offering you a gift certificate of $15 to spend in their webshop The Paper Shelter and the rule is if you use one of their images on your card (two this week) you will be entitled to the whole amount, but dont despair even if you dont you will still win one of them, and this is all decided with the random number org. So lets see what you can come up with, heres my card for this weeks Challenge.
For my card I have used "Walking with my Buddy" and "My lovely Pet" and I took them into my graphics program to allow me to create this image with the two of them, then coloured them with my copic and tria pens. I then used Nestabilitie Label Die No.12 to cut it out and then used the die to draw around to create the mount for it, the sentiment is one from my stash and at the moment I carnt remember where it came from, sorry about that but felt it went well with these two.
The card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of blue card then I have mounted on this one of three papers from The Paper Shelters "Spring Swing" digi paper set, the first paper is a patchwork one and on top across the card is a second paper and this is pink pattern on, and for the third mount is a blue paper with white flowers on. The mounted image was then placed in the centre with the sentiment at the bottom on the right. To finish of I created a flower with the Die Namics flower die with some left over blue paper and this was then stuck to the card with some silicone glue on top of some punched out leaves in the top left hand corner.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope your go across to The Paper Shelter Blogspot and see what the rest of my very talented "A" team have created for you, and hopefully this will inspire you to take part in this "A Receipe" Challenge.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.com/
http://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.com/
http://a-true-friend.blogspot.com/

21 comments:

Heidi said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, love the colour combo and the images are brilliant you have combined them so well, none of my programs on my pc will allow me to do this so will have to search out one that does!!! hugs and sorry I have not been over very often, but the kiddies are back to school now so more time to get the computer, as there is no child on it!! hugs heid x

Penni said...

Great card - Beautiful colouring.

Hugs
Penni
X

Jessie said...

Adorable card Shirley!

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Shirley, I love the pinks and blues. The sentiment is a Magnolia one, one of my all time faves x

Tracey Manderson said...

Gorgeous Shirley!Sheesh youre clever girl to do that with the images!!!
Hugs
Tracey

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Shirley, I love how you've used the 2 images :)
Hope you're having a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

heidy said...

Hi Shirley,what a lovely card and what a fab job merging this 2 together

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous images. thankyou for joining us at TioT's this week. Yvonne

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Shirley I like the way you have done the 2 images and the colour combo.
Kevin xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jan said...

What a beautiful card, I love the colours. Thanks for joing us at CCC xx Jan

Caroline said...

sweet card Shirley xxxx

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww this is adorable,they look fab together, awesome colouring, pretty papers & design, luv ya flower, sue,x

Melodie said...

The card has become beautiful. I did not think that it is possible the color combination pink and blue represent that great. And the motive is really cute.
Have a nice day.
Hugs
Melodie

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card Shirley, love those sweet images.
luv
Debby

mueppi said...

That`s so lovely Shirley!!!!
Love those sweety images!°
Hugs Gisela

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley this is gorgeous loving those papers and that image is so cute.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Mandy said...

Aww Shirley,that image is so adorable and beautifully coloured.... Gorgeous card...Hope your all ok....Is Missy still up to mischief....
Mandy x

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

A super sweet creation.

You always use the most lovely sentiments!!

Have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Rosalee said...

Hi Shirley. Thanks for your comment on my blog. The reason I made a mouth on Tilda is because my husband thinks the same way. He's been saying Tilda isn't cute due to the fact that she has no mouth, so I finally decided to make her one and see if he approves. Now he's actually liking the images...lol.
Hugs, Rosalee

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wonderful card Shirley, love those cute images.....

Hugs
Judith