Thursday 9 June 2011

First Card for Sarah Hallam's new "Cuddle Upz, Funny Farm Cd.2"

Good Afternoon Everyone, you will soon be in for a treat, as my dear friend Sarah Hallam of Peerless Designs has a brand new Cd which will be previewed on Create and Craft on the 21st June at 10am, and this one has all farm animals on it. And Ive been asked again if I would create some samples for her to show on the day and I do hope the results will please you to.
Anyway I decided to use this Rabbit image for my first card and here it is and youve also got to realise that Sarah does all her own drawing and colouring for these CDs, so it does take time for her to create them.
For my card I have used four papers and one Topper plus a label which I took into My Craft Studio to put text on it. The base card is a 7"x 7" easel card, for the top of the card I have used a greeny brown base card with a paper that has a rabbit patterned background and then on top is a diamond pattern that has been mounted onto square and stuck into the centre, across the middle is yet another paper but on this one I have used a rabbit border punch on both edges then on top of this is a brown grosgrain ribbon thats been attached to the back of the first mount. I then positioned my mounted image in the middle.
For the inside I used a different base paper with a rabbit border and again across the middle is the same paper that I used for the top card and this also has had both edges punched with the same rabbit border punch and the same brown ribbon was also wrapped around and attached to the back of the mount. I also used my sentiment tag in the middle on some foam tape so that it will act as a stopper for the easel top.
Now that Ive finished this first sample I want to make a start on the rest of them I will post them as I go along so you also can see what Sarah has instore for you, they are certainly cute and they include, sheep, calf, ducks, goats, pigs etc, decoupage, inserts, tags and ribbons, bookmarks and even ready made cards. Im sure you will enjoy the images as they are so suitable for everyone including the difficult men.

19 comments:

mueppi said...

Good evening Shirley
I love your work!
It`s wonderful!!
With love Gisela

Dorcas said...

Wow, Shirley! GORGEOUS! She's quite the artist too.That sheep on her CD case looks so real!

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Shirley and such a cute image! Love the colours and design too. Hope you're well, hugs, Chris xx

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley.xxx

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww a gorgeous card, beautiful image & papers, sue,x

heidy said...

Oh that friend of you is a real artist,
And that cards is amazing Shirley!
Hugs Heidy

Unknown said...

Ahh stunning Shirley beautiful papers and image.
Chris x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous image and papers.
Kevin xx

Sarah said...

Awww, what beautiful papers and image, love it x

Tracy said...

Hi Shirley,
This is so, so gorgeous, I love it!
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Patty Sue 2 said...

Shirely,
This is really beautiful. I can see where the artist has put in a lot of time. Your card is lovely!

Anonymous said...

love this card
Hugs
elma

Melodie said...

Wonderful card, my dear. The bunnies are so sweet.
Hugs
Melodie

Suzie Q said...

aww these images are really sweet, we have lots of wild rabbits in our garden its lovely to watch them in the evening x
have a great weekend and thankyou always for your lovely comments Shirleyx
hugs
Suzie qx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a fabulous card Shirley - absolutely love the papers and the adorable bunnies.

Hope you are well - have a happy weekend, hugs, Sylvia xxx

Karen said...

Gorgeous card, love the animals and your friend is very talented!!! You are too with your beautiful cards....thanks for sharing!

Riet said...

So gorgeous Shirley,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Shirl said...

Hi Shirley.
Love the rabbits. Soooo cute. This looks a though it will be a brilliant CD.
Hugs,
Shirl x

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Shirley these have been worth waiting for oh my word they look brilliant i love this image and the papers, excellent card. I am off to see the others now.
Hugs
Lorraine x