Sunday 30 January 2011

A Card for Dawn

Good Morning Ladies, todays card is for a very special friend of mine Dawn, in fact its one of her own digi images that Ive used to create this card. Dawn has been selling her own craft Cds on Ebay for many years and thats how I met her and we have been friends ever since. I suggested to her about a month ago it might be the next step for her to start looking into creating Digi images and this is her first attempt, now I know there are a few problems and Im sure with time Dawn will get a better feel of the way it works, as Ive found that the lines are just a little faded in places when I printed this and a couple of others but I did want her to see the results of the first card, I do so hope she gets pleasure of actually seeing her digi stamp in card form.
These digi's are of little girls in bubbles, and Ive printed her onto white card and coloured her with my copic pens. As lilac is my favourite colour this is what Ive used for this card, I cut her out with a circle die, and used a larger one for the mount. The sentiment is one of the Stampin Up swerve stamps, and I felt we could get away with using it for this card.
Ive created a 6"x 6" white card and three papers from the Kay Millers digi downloads, the first paper a very pretty flower papers, the second is a pinky/mauve plaid paper and the third a stripe paper. Around the middle Ive wrapped a lilac satin ribbon around the middle, and then positioned my mount in the middle and my sentiment at the bottom on the left hand side. To finish of Ive created a flower spray of three roses, pearl sprays and punched out fern leaves these were attached to the card with silicone glue at the top on the left hand side.

27 comments:

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, such a sweet image and so pretty
love and hugs Mandy xx

Kerrie said...

Very pretty card, and I'm sure Dawn will get the hang of digi images, she is lucky to have such a good friend like you.

heidy said...

Oh Shirley,you're friend will love what you did with here digi,it's amazing!!!
XXX Heidy

Claire Phillips said...

Lovely card Shirley and I'm sure Dawn will be thrilled to see it! Cheers Claire x

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley,such a pretty image.xxx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Shirley,I love theimage and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Wishcraft said...

This is so pretty Shirley, love the colours and the image is very sweet - I'm sure your friend will love it :o) Lisa x

Josephine said...

So pretty! Such lovely, soft colours, and the image looks great!

Sarah said...

Such beautiful colours on this card Shirley, love love love that image xxx

Unknown said...

I do wish your friend all the best Shirley a beautiful card and love these colours my fav too.
Chris x

martina's kaartjes said...

lovely card ! greetings, martina
x

Dorcas said...

You did a beautiful job, Shirley!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous, love the colours you have picked, really sweet hugs pops x x x

Shelley said...

Beautiful, I lave all the patterns, the image, the flowers and how it just all flows together.

Anonymous said...

wonderful how you use the papers - wonderful colours
Hugs
Elma

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is very pretty and how nice to encourage your friend. I hope she makes it big in the digi world.

Stamps and Paper said...

Hi Shirley - found your blog via Patty at Ink it up.....you have some lovely cards on your blog.

Anne

Rach said...

Shirley you friend is going to be so happy with this card, it is beautiful..xx

Autumn Mist said...

What a beautiful creation, I'm sure Dawn will love it. You have some beautiful corner punches which I really love. I'll have to invest in a few more.

Claudia´s kleine Bastelwelt said...

Beautiful card and very pretty colours.
Hugs Claudia

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Such a pretty card Shirley, and I'm sure Dawn will appreciate your advice and experience. Love the lilac colours and your beautiful layout. (Love your new profile pic. too)!!
Love and Hugs, Sylvia xxxxxxxx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley,such a pretty image..........

Hugs
Judith

Mina said...

it must be a real thrill to see your work coloured this beautifully, she will love it Shirley
Mina xxx

Spyder said...

yOU'VE made a lovely Card Shirley!
I use Paint-net to darken my images, hugs
((Lyn))

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley,
A lovely card and the image is so sweet...I'm sure your friend will be very pleased and you've done her image justice....
Mandy x

mueppi said...

Good morning Shirley
I`m shure, your friend will love this card!!!!
I wish you a good start in the new weekk!
Hugs and love Gisela

Melodie said...

Wow, Shirley, a gorgeous card. And in my favorite colour, I love purple.
Hugs
Melodie