Sunday 5 December 2010

"Hanging the Star"

Good Morning Ladies, well I will be on my way to Cardiff when this appears on my blog so keep your fingers crossed that the weather stays resonably good as I dont like going out when it looks as though we are in for more snow especially travelling 42 miles away from home.
Anyway todays card has been created for the Dream Team blog and Ive used this new image from Mo called "Hanging the Star" and you will find it here dont you thing shes gorgeous. Anyway Ive printed her onto white card then coloured yet again with my copic pens, then cut her out with the Mega Oval Nestabilitie die and the Scalloped one for her mount, the sentiment is one from my stash and this also has been cut out with the same Mega dies and mounted in the same way on a smaller scalloped one.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first layer of turquoise pearlescent card and one of three papers from the Nitwit Downloads this set are called "Nitwitivity" its a brand new set from containing the starts that I wanted, and the first paper is an all over star pattern in a patchwork style the second and third papers were cut in strips and punched along the edges with a star punch from Martha Stewart, the second paper has a sentiment pattern on, and the third paper has a smaller star pattern on, I popped a piece of the same pearlescent card under the stars on the edges to make it show more.
I then wrapped a blue star ribbon around the bottom of the card and attached it at the back of the first layer, then positioned my mounted image on the left side and the sentiment at the bottom on the right. To finish of I have stuck several star gems down the left hand side of the card.

28 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Hi shirley ,
ah such a cute image and perfectly coloured you have made a lovely card
congrats to you on your aqua marker win!!
hugs
suzie Qx

Donna said...

Shirley this is just gorgeous, and such a cute image from Mo. Your papers look wonderful with it too.
Hugs, Donna x

Janette said...

Hi Shirley, When I saw this image I just melted, as usual Mo has done a fab job. Love your card and colouring, it all looks so festive.....hope you have a safe journey.xx

heidy said...

Hi Shirley,love that image,it's so cute,and your card is lovely
Drive safe
Hugs Heidy

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Shirley.What a cute image.xxx

celia said...

Wow wat is dit een schattige afbeelding!!!Je hebt er een prachtig kaartje mee gemaakt!
Heel veel liefs,Celia.

Unknown said...

Ahhhh she is a cutie a beautiful card papers are gorgeous.
Chris x

Shirl said...

Oh Shirley, I don't envy you visiting Cardiff today. You are a braver woman than I. We have just been to Abergavenny for the Christmms food festival and that was busy enough.

Love this card. The image is just so sweet. Beautifully coloured, as always.

Hugs,
Shirl x

Christa said...

hi shirley oww this card is so cute love the image of mo's , i was to late for the freebee, and congrats with winning the aquamarkers prize from bev , have fun hugs christa

mueppi said...

Ohhhhh. Shirley
that`s so cute and wonderful!!!
What a lovely image!
Have a great 2. advent!
Hugs Gisela

dolcreations said...

What an absolutely adorable image Shirley! Gorgeous just gorgeous!

Josephine said...

So lovely, Shirley! I love how you often use pearlescent card - it adds such a gorgeous shimmer.

Claudia´s kleine Bastelwelt said...

Woooooowwwww Shirly,
what a beautyful card!
And a very lovely image.

Hugs Claudia

Sue said...

Hi ya Shirley
oh wow a gorgeous card, fabulous image & colouring, lovely papers & design, sue,x

Autumn Mist said...

What a lovely image, Shirley, but your beautiful card more than does her justice.

Riet said...

Beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Claire Phillips said...

When I saw this image the other day I loved it - your card uses it to perfection! Cheers Claire x p.s. hope it was a good trip!

chris said...

Hi, this is beautiful Shirley. love it. hope you are ok hugs chris xx

Elaine said...

Hi Shirley,
Hope you made it back from shopping and didn't get too cold!
Simply beautiful card. This image is so sweet and the colours are perfect.

Love Elaine xx

Stef H said...

i could have sworn i commented on this! but hey, another one won't hurt. it's still gorgeous! i love the colors and i just love the shimmer you;re so good at doing!

hugs :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Shirley!! Love your colors and coloring of the sweet image. The shimmer and sparkle is so pretty.

Unknown said...

beautiful

Mina said...

stunning work Shirley, I love the colours you chose for this Mo's stunner
Mina xxx

Anonymous said...

Shirley thats such a sweet card!
Hugs
Elma

Sadilla said...

WOW!!!!!
This card is so nice!!! Great! I like the image and the colour combo... and it is so cute!!!!! =))
hugs
sadia

Jules said...

Stunning work Shirley .. .. love it!!

Great image and you have coloured it perfectly.

Hope you are keeping safe and warm.

Love Jules xx

Sarah said...

What a stunner Shirley! I snagged this image via Facebook, I think he's so cute. I love how you've coloured him xxx

Patty Sue 2 said...

This adorable card may be my favorite yet! I say may because I love so many of your cards. But, I do love this card and as usual you have colored her to perfection!