Wednesday 30 June 2010

A Card for the Stampin for the Weekend Challenge - "A Sketch and Colour Combo"

Good Morning Ladies, another thank you for a very special person and Im sorry its been a long time coming. I wanted to create something with these gorgeous H&S images for quite awhile and at last Ive been able to use it for a Challenge and this one is for the Stampin for the Weekend one which is a sketch and a colour combo of "Blue and Yellow".
Ive used this gorgeous image which had already been stamped onto white card and then coloured with my copic pens, Ive then cut her out and mounted her onto a piece of blue card, the sentiment is one of the Hero Arts ones thats been stamped and then cut out with my circle nestabilities dies then mounted in the same way. I should say that Ive distressed the edges with a very pale blue inkpad, unlike the dark mauve I used on the card for the LOV challenge its not so obvious and doesnt show my mistakes, luckily.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white card, now Ive been asked several times how do I obtain this size card, well I cheat I buy A3 card then cut it down to what ever size I want to use, either a 8" card of a 7" card as its a lot easier to decide when I look at whats going onto the card itself, I find working with the 6"x 6" card a little constricting and the 8"x 8" sometimes to big and then I have to fill all the spaces.
Anyway Ive cut out a base mount of yellow card for my first layer and stuck on one of four papers from the Nitwit Collection Downloads, I seem to use a lot of these downloads as the patterns are not so overpowering for some of these delicate digi images. This first one has a very pretty leaf pattern on, then the second and third mounts have two different blue papers, and the little corner piece up in the right hand side is yet another from the same set.
The card was then created subject to the sketch and Ive then positioned my image in the centre with the sentiment underneath on the right. The little bits of ribbon on the left were put through my Xyron and stuck on with a couple of buttons on the end. To finish of I created a flower spray with two different size roses and some blue stamens, I believe I got them in a sewing shop, but I think Hobbycraft also has them. The last little touch is the heart gem in that little corner piece on the right hand side at the top.
This card has been entered for the following challenges:-


21 comments:

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card Shirley, love the sweet image and the fabby colours.
luv
Debby

Rach said...

gorgeous Shirley. love this hanglar image that you have used... fabulous colour combo and details too.xxx

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley,
I love these images their so sweet...Grgeous papers,colours and colouring..A beautiful card....
Mandy xx

creationsncraftsbyarina said...

HI SHIRLEY, SHE IS PRETTY.
LOVE YOUR HANGLER IMAGE.

HUGS FROM ARINA

Unknown said...

That image Shirley is just adorable, beautiful card love the layout.
Christine x

Jessie said...

The image and card are so sweet Shirley. Love the pretty colours too :)

Poppy said...

gorgeous colours Shirley,love the image.
poppy

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card Shirley. Lovely colours and the image is so sweet!

Hugs

Kimmi

p.s. I fed your fishies :o) xx

Christa said...

great card love the flowers hugs christa

Stef H said...

another cutie for sure! your layouts are fabulous and i love the sparkle! i hope you join in the new challenge tomorrow!

and thank you for you well wishes. i'm pretty much back to normal - heaven help us - lol!

hugs :)

Wishcraft said...

Another gorgeous card! Fab colours, sweet image and love your little details :o) Lisa x

CraftyC said...

This is so pretty Shirley. Love the papers and pretty image!
Clairex

Josephine said...

Such pretty colours! A really beautiful card.

Riet said...

Beautiful card Shirley,i love the image and the papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mandy said...

Shirley your card is gorgeous, love the sweet image and the colours you've used.
I've cat mint growing in the greenhouse and will be put in the garden when it has half a chance of surviving a little longer than 10 mins lol
love and hugs Mandy xx

Babs said...

A sweet and loving card Shirley fab
Babs x

Lavender and old lace said...

beautiful Shirley I adore your little Hanglar image the colouring is lovely and what pretty colours love Dorothy xx

Melodie said...

Fantastic card, dear Shirley.
Hugs
Melodie

Heidi-Mari said...

Hi Shirley
Gorgeous card! The image is coloured beautiful and I love the flowers!
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' For The Weekend!
Hugs
Heidi-Mari

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is such a beautiful card. Great papers and I love this image. Beautiful colored in. Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

coldwaters2 said...

This is a joy to see Shirley the colours I love for a start and that image is absolutely gorgeous I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x