Sunday 28 March 2010

Just Magnolia Challenge - A Sketch by Jane

This weeks Challenge from Just Magnolia is a sketch by Jane and this is my interpretation of it.

Ive used one of this years gorgeous Easter images of Tilda and her pet lamb, Ive stamped her onto white card and coloured her with my copic pens. The image was then cut out with one of Label Nestabilitie dies after which Ive drawn around the edge of the die to create the mount, then stuck them together with some foam tape. The sentiment is another of the Magnolia Stamps and Ive done exactly the same with this as I have with the image.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white card with my first layer of lilac card and Ive used just one of the papers from the Nitwit Downloads a very pretty all over flower pattern. Ive then stuck my stamped image according to the sketch and my sentiment at the top.
The flowers were created from my stash and stuck to the bottom with some silicone glue.

18 comments:

celia said...

Wow Shirley, wat is ze toch een schatje!Ik heb ze ook al gekleurd liggen maar moet er nog een kaartje mee maken! Jouw kaartje is weer goed gelukt,knap gedaan!!! Veel liefs,Celia.

Suzie Q said...

Hi shirley,
very pretty card beautifully coloured x
Suzie qx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon dear Shirley, i hope your having an enjoyable weekend. Can't believe its sunday already and nearly 2.00pm!!! dont know where the weekend has gone. I am loving your cards since my last visit, i can hardly keep up with you my friend. the last tilda card is totally amazing! what an adorable tilda image and pretty flowers too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend my friend, speak soon hugs Linda x

Mandy said...

Oh Shirley this is so pretty, love the sweet image and the papers you've used.
I was up normal time but the clocks changing has thrown me right out, the day is just whizzing by
love and hugs Mandy xx

Stef H said...

oh wow! how beautiful! i really thought it was mounted on some fabulous shiny paper! great job and really beautiful card!

Janette said...

Oh Shirley it is pretty,love it and the little lamb is so sweet.x

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley
Stunning card, love that Tilda she is coloured beautifully.
Christine x

Danielle said...

Such a sweet card Shirley! Tilda with her lamb is just adorable and you've coloured them beautifully! Great work!
Hugs, Danielle

Christine said...

Hi Shirly another stunner card gorgeous image & lovely cololiur combo..

luv n hugs Christine xx

Cami said...

Wow Shirley, this is a very beautiful Easter card! I love the DP you used, color scheme, and your coloring is gorgeous. I like that you colored the edge of the mat/die-cut to give it a nice layered look. Well, I love all of your cards! Hugs, Cami

Jane said...

Oh I love this cute new image Shirley and the colours and papers are so gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

dolcreations said...

Shirley this has to be one of my favourite images of Tilda...and you have coloured it so beautifully!

Melodie said...

Your card is so beautiful, dear Shirley, Tilda is sooo sweet.
Hugs
Melodie

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, wonderful work with the Tilda image.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

a wonderful creation -Shirley- love it
Hugs
elma

Marcea said...

what a gorgeous card Shirley. I just love your wonderful colours and such fabulous details. Great image too. Thanks for joining us on JM this week
-x-

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super sweet card Shirley! Love the pastel colors and the pretty flower accents. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Magnolia this week, hope to see you back again! :)

Jessie said...

Beautiful work Shirley!