Monday 14 December 2009

Tagged by Trudette


Trudette has tagged me to disclose some of my Christmas traditions, so here they are :-
1. Have you started your Christmas Shopping?
  Yes, but I try to buy bits all year around.
2. Tell me about one of your special traditions,
 Dont really have any.
3. When do you put up your Tree?
 I normally put it up the weekend before Xmas as I put it on the cupboard in front of the window and it rather blocks out the light.
4. Are you a Black Friday Shopper?
 Sorry we dont have these in the Uk, but I do try and buy when I see sales on line.
5. Do you Travel at Christmas or Stay at Home?
 Normally we stay at home but this year we are spending it with my middle daughter and her family.
6. What is your funniest Christmas memory?
 I carnt remember one, unless my children consider my tipping my chair over when leaning over the side of it.
7. What is your favourite Christmas Movie of all time?
 My all time favourite is Bing Crosby's Holiday Inn, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vPfOjAw5Z0 if you click on the link you will be able to watch him singing the title song White Christmas.
8. Do you do your own Christmas Baking, whats your favourite treat?
 I do make my own mince pies and sausage rolls, my favourite treat is Baileys Irish Cream.
9. Fake or Real Tree?
 I love real trees, but carnt stand the mess the make so we use a artificial one.
10. What day (as a mum) does the actual panic set in to get it all done?
 I take things as they come.
11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?
 Sometimes, but I normally wrap them as I buy them.
12. What is your favourite family fun time at Christmas?
 Watching the Grandchildren open their presents.
13. What Christmas craft do you like the best?
 Creating the display that I like to put on top of my TV.
14. Christmas music, Yes or No, and if yes What is your favourite song?
 I love Christmas music but my hubby doesnt, so I have to ration myself to just Christmas Day, but I do love to listen to Once in Royal Davids City, it sends goosebumps down my back.
15. When do you plan to finish all your shopping?
 Most of mine is done, but if I need any extras I will pop out on Christmas Eve to pick up the fresh things, like Veggies, Salads and Fruit.
Now Ive got to pick some people to tag, so heres my list:-
                                     Lyn - http://spyder-spyderscorner.blogspot.com/

Sorry girls, good luck, with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxxxx



3 comments:

Spyder said...

Thank you sooooo much Shirley! I lov you too!! Oh my goodness! I'll go and tag a few too! Hey...where you all going? Come back! hehehe...I mean, ho ho ho
(Lyn)

brenda said...

Very enjoyale reading Shirley.

You are so good, I always forgot to do what I am supposed to with awards and the like.

B x

Unknown said...

Thank you Shirley, loved your answers, I will tag a few bloggers this afternoon.....you are a honey, and Nikki is over the moon with her parcels, 2 came yesterday, you are a darling......thank you so much for doing this for my daughter...Hugs Avril xxxx