Thursday 20 August 2009

Cute Card Thursday Challenge - Lazy Days


Todays card has been created for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge, Lazy Days. I was lucky to receive from Lyn some lovely Penny Black images and this one I felt was ideal for this Challenge, its of a Hedgie in his hammock and I love it. Ive coloured it with my copic pens then cut it out with my rotatrim after which I have layered it up with two mounts one yellow and one beige. I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of white card and mounted this in the same as the image.

The base card is a 7.50"x 7.50" white card onto which I have layered up a piece of yellow pearlescent card and one of three papers from the a Spring Collection from Nitwit Downloads, this first one has lots of little hearts and leaves on a yellow background. The second mount is another piece of the yellow card, and onto this I have stuck the second pattern paper this one has a checks in pinks, whites and greens, and the third layer has been mounted onto a piece of the beige pearlescent card and this paper also has a check pattern in a beige colour. These were then stuck to the base card in a L shape.

Before sticking the first layer to the base card I have stuck a green and pink spotted ribbon around the bottom of the card across the beige paper. Then I have stuck my mounted image to the left hand side at the top and the mounted sentiments to the bottom right hand side.

I then created a large flower with some of my silk flowers and stuck a silver spacer and pearl brad through the centre with a bee charm hung from the back. Before sticking this to the card I punched out some fern leaves and arranged them in some silicone glue and then put the flower on top. To finish of Ive stuck two flower buttons on the ribbon strip.

15 comments:

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

You come up with such cute ideas!!

dolcreations said...

This image is way to cute! I love the little charm as well on the card! Great take on this lazy summer challenge! Great card!
Christine

Elena said...

Your card is so cute. Your coloring on all your creations are awesome too. They are very inspirational. Thank you for leaving me such sweet comments on my blog.
Hugs ~ Elena

Paula said...

Wow this is adorable Shirley i just love the cute image and what perfect colouring and fab details.
Paula xxxx

Rach said...

a beautiful card shirley, love this sweet image you have used... i am a bit behind on my commenting. trying to play catch up.. hugs rachxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Bev said...

Oh this is just adorable Shirley, love the sweet image and brilliant colouring. Wonderful embellishments too x

brenda said...

Evening Shirly,

Well got back here eventually, really no idea where my time has gone since we got home, always seem to be chasing my tail.

Love this PB image oh so cute. Like the littel charm as well, they seem to be be in 'in' thing so guess I 'need' some.

Take care, hope your daughter is coping OK.

B x

Unknown said...

this is lovely
love and hugs nikki xxxx

Laura said...

what a beautiful cards...Laura

michele said...

This is a lovely card, Shirley. Absolutely adorable.

mueppi said...

Good morning my dear Shirley
Your card is again lovely and beautiful!
Unfortunately, I had the image of the Bambi Award remove, because it is copyrighted!
Look here:
http://moviesection.de/v3/img/datenbank/1078862693bambi1.jpg
It would be a shame if this great problems we would get!
I go right back into the garden!

I wish you a wonderful weekend and send lots of warm greetings
Gisela

Linnie said...

This is soooo cute fab card
luv
linniexxx

Unknown said...

Great use of the PB stamp - lovely card. Thanks for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

Spyder said...

Aw Shirley, he's never looked better, love it!! Fantastic card!!!

((Lyn)))