Saturday 10 January 2009

Japanese Anemone's for a Special Girl


Todays card has been made for a special little girl.

The stamp is another of Pollycraft Designs this one's called Reflection. I stamped it onto white card and painted with the Artquest paints,then left it to dry and then cut it out with my Nestabilitie Classic Scalloped Circle Die, I also cut another larger one in Pink Pearlescent Card for the stamped image to be mounted on.

The base card is a textured A4 piece which I have folded in half then embossed the edge with a wave type embossing, also down the edge I have stuck some flower ribbon. The stamped image has then been mounted onto this card, a greeting was printed from my computer and mounted on a small Scalloped Retangle piece of Pink Pearlescent Card.

The Anemone's were created with several punches, Snowflakes of three different sizes, and the Large Ovoid punch for the petals also a leaf punch for the leaves. I punched out 6 pieces of pink paper for the petals, firstly using pink chalk to shade them, then I cupped the petals with my deet tool and put to the side while I also cupped one of the snowflakes (green) for the base of the flower.

I then stuck the petals onto the six arms of the snowflake and left this to dry, after which I cupped two more yellow snowflakes for the stamens, then a small black sun for the next layer, and finally a small yellow snowflake for the centre. I also dropped a little black pearlidoodle in the centre just to cover the very yellow which didnt look right.

I finished the card of with a insert which again I printed on my computer, then punched the corners to give it a less harsh look.

No comments: